Chapter 7 Peter's POV

Later that evening, Flash and I go to "Red Robin" for dinner. While we wait for our food, I say, "I wonder why Gwen is acting like this. She knows she's not fooling us, so why is she doing this? Why would she want to pretend to be someone she's not?"

 "I don't know, but I don't think it's her fault," Flash says. "I think something's up."

 "What do you mean?" I ask.

 "Like she could be in danger," Flash replies. "I mean you can tell she's so nervous when she's talking to you or me!"

 "Yeah, also do you notice how she's always fiddling with her bracelet?!" I exclaim.

 "Yeah," Flash says.

 "I just wish she would tell us what's going on, like how she's still alive and why she's acting so strange!" I say. "No offense to you, Flash, but she should especially tell me what's going on because I'm her boyfriend. I thought we trusted each other."

 "Peter, I don't think this has anything to do with trusting each other," Flash tells me. "It seems like she's in a situation where she can't tell anyone what's going on."

 "Yeah, I think you're right," I say. "I mean she never acted like this before when she had problems, so this is probably something extremely serious. But I just wish she could somehow communicate with us! There's probably nothing we can do now."

 "Actually there is," Flash says.

 "What?" I ask.

 "Gwen is good at acting like she doesn't know me, but when it comes to you, not so much," Flash states. "I mean all she said to you after you said she looked like Gwen was that she has to go, and when I brought up that you miss her, she said she has to go. I think you just need to talk to her one more time, and she'll break."

 "Well she can't have a conversation with me, but she's good at running away," I tell him.

 "Yeah, but that's when I come in, and she'll be be forced to talk to us."

 "Flash, you're such a great friend!" I exclaim.

 "I know!" he says.