Chapter 10 Gwen's POV

The next morning, after another meeting at S.H.I.E.L.D, I walk back to the Oxford Campus in deep thought. I wish things don't have to be this way. I miss my family, friends, and especially Peter so much. This whole thing is my fault. If only I listened to Peter in the first place!

 All of a sudden, Peter walks up to me. "Hey," he says. I'm stuck. I promised Nick I would ignore him for now on, but I can't be a jerk. I'll just leave him if things get awkward.

 "Hi," I say back.

 "You're name's Mary Jane, right?" He asks.

 "Yes," I tell him. I fiddle with my bracelet to try to block the camera.

 "Oh well hi Mary Jane," Peter says. "I just want to let you know that I'm very sorry for bumping into you and starring at your ID card for so long! It was none of my business, and I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I just want things to be normal between us for now on."

 "It's okay," I tell him. "I totally understand, and everything is fine between us."

 "Okay, that's great!" he exclaims. "So is everything okay?"

 "Yes, why?" I ask.

 "Well because I notice that you always seem nervous and are in a hurry to be somewhere."

 "Oh no, everything is fine," I lie. "I was in a hurry to leave because I had an appointment, that's all."

 But then he looks at me with those big brown doe eyes that I love. "Are you sure, Gwen?"

 "Yes, I'm fine and why did you call me Gwen?" I ask him.

 "You know," he replies back.

 My heart starts beating fast. I can't keep this conversation going. Without saying anything, I start to walk away when someone taps my shoulder. I turn around.

 "Hi again!" Flash says.

 "What are you doing here?!" I exclaim.

 "Just want to make sure you'll stay here and talk to Peter," he says. 

 I look back at Peter. "Gwen, please talk to me. I love you!"

 I start to get tears in my eyes. I want to talk to him. I want him to know the truth. I remember what Nick said this morning that the cameras in the bracelet break once a week and how I have to get a new one. But he also said that they sometimes break early. Today will be the day. All of a sudden, I throw my bracelet on the floor and step on it. I run up to Peter and kiss him.