Chapter 17 Gwen's POV

It's been two weeks since I talked to Peter in person, but we still have been texting each other every night. Today's the day we're going on our date. I can't wait! I wonder what he has planned for tonight. I just can't stop thinking about him. He's literally the best guy that exists!

Right now I'm on my way to S.H.I.E.L.D Headquaters for my daily morning meeting. I really hate these meetings. I hope I can get out of this soon! I walk into the conference room. Nick is already there as usual.

"Good morning MJ!"

"Good morning sir!"

"How are you?" he asks.

"I'm good, how about you, sir?"

"I'm good, thanks. So how's Oxford?"

"It's great!" I tell him. "I really love it here!"

"Well that's good, but don't get too comfortable here."

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"Well I didn't think about this before, but now that Peter's here, he'll be fighting villains as Spider-Man, and...."

"So!" I interrupt him, which I probably shouldn't have, but I think I know where this is going and I'm not happy at all!

"Don't interrupt me, Miss Watson, and you know you have to stay out of danger!" Nick tells me.

"So, you're telling me I have to pack my bags and leave the place I've been dreaming of going to?" I raise my voice a little.

"Only if, which he probably will, be Spider-Man. It's not for sure, so that's why you don't have to leave now. All I'm saying is to not get too comfortable here."

I get out of my chair without thinking or saying anything and storm out of the room.

"You were not dismissed! Come back!"

I don't listen and keep on walking. I'm tired of this! I'm not just mad at the fact of them willing to make me give up Oxford. I'm mainly mad at them keeping me away from the man I love!

All of a sudden, two security guards block my path. "Go back the conference room, now!" one of them tells me. I walk back to the room without arguing.

"I'm sorry for walking out without being excused," I tell him even though I don't mean it.

"Apology accepted," Nick tells me. "May I ask you something?"

"Yes, sir."

"Does this have to do with something other than Oxford?"

"No, sir. Oxford just really means a lot to me. I've been wanted to go there since I was a kid."

"I understand," he says. "But have you been talking to Peter?"

"Of course not!" I lie.

"You better not," he says. "Well, you're excused now. Have a great day!"

"Thank you, sir," I say and leave.

Now the big problem is how I'm going to break the news to Peter.