Chapter 27 Gwen's POV

When I reach the roof of the building, I look up. It's Peter.

 "Sorry I webbed your mouth," Peter says taking the web off of my mouth. "I just didn't want you to scream when I took you out of the building so we wouldn't get caught."

 "I don't care!" I tell him and hug him.

 He hugs me back. Then he says, "Let's get out of here!" He swings us onto the Empire State Building.

 "Is it just me, or do you like taking me to high special places to make a romantic kissing spot?" I ask and laugh slightly.

 "Maybe," Peter replies and laughs too.

 I take off his mask and kiss him.

 He kisses me back.

 A few seconds later I pull away and ask, "How were you able to find me?"

 "Through S.H.I.E.L.D," Peter tells me. "I'm sorry, but I had to tell Nick. It was the only way!"

 "It's okay," I say. "How did he take it?"

 "Well, he didn't yell at me but he's not happy."

 "Let me guess, he said after this is all over, he's going to take me away and erase my memory."

 "Kinda."

 "No, this can't happen!" I exclaim and start to tear up.

 "Gwen, I'm not going to let him take you away from me," he reassures me.

 "Have you seen how he works?"

 "Yes, I know he's a control freak who obviously doesn't have a heart. I seriously don't know how you've lasted this long with him! If I was in your position, I would have webbed him up and ditched him by now... all though you don't have spider powers."

 We both laugh. I love it how Peter always makes me laugh when I'm upset. He's the guy that will cheer you up!

 "But Peter, how will you possibly be able to make sure he won't do that?" I ask.

 "Well, you see, Nick thinks he's doing a good thing by keeping you're father's promise, when he's really not."

 "Peter, we don't know for sure what my father meant."

 "Well I do, Gwen. I was right. He only wanted me to leave you out of the bad situations. Your father told me that in a dream when I was sleeping on the ship. The reason why he said I kept seeing him before was he wanted to make sure I knew what he meant by the promise, and that I would keep you safe. And now he made me promise in the dream to make sure Nick doesn't take you away. He's on our side. He doesn't want you with him. So I have to keep your father's promise, right?"

 "Oh, Peter!" I exclaim and laugh. "Do you think he will listen to you?"

 "I hope so," he tells me. "It's worth a shot!"

 "Okay bugboy."

 "Oh, and your father also wanted me to tell you that he loves you," Peter says.

 "He said that?" I ask and start to tear up again.

 "Yes."

 "Well, I love him too," I say and I think more tears are falling now.

 "Hey, it's okay!" he tells me and hugs me.

 I hug him back.

 We stay like this for a moment and then Peter says, "By the way, nice acting!"

 "Huh?"

 "You know, back in Harry's lair."

 "Oh, thanks, but I honestly thought I sucked," I say.

 "Gwen, you were great," he tells me. "You are good at protecting yourself you know."

 "Thanks, but I still need my bugboy around to save me," I tell him.

 Peter smiles and kisses me.

 I smile as I kiss him back. I love him so much! I hope Peter's plan will work.