Flights

"Come on, darlin'." Jenna and I ran through the airport.

"Hey guys." Josh caught up with us.

"How are you running so easily?" Jenna caught up with us.

"Because we aren't in boots." Josh laughed.

"Whatever."

"Hey." We noticed that Brad an Mark were now next to us.

"It took you all long enough." I joked as we took a turn.

"They were taking forever to get our luggage." Mark said.

"There's our gate." I pointed ahead to a line of people who were finishing boarding the plane. We got up to the lady standing at the desk. "We are here." I laughed.

"You all made it just in time." She smiled and scanned our tickets. We happily loaded onto our last flight that would take us to California.

"I am done with flying." I looked to Josh who across the isle from me and Jenna.

"Me too." He agreed. "Two days of nothing but flights is more than enough flying for one person."

"Amen." Jenna said. We played on our phones once we were in the air, I wrote some lyrics for the new album I was working on and showed them to Josh. He loved them but I feel like he says that about everything I write.

"Are you sure you like it?"

"Tyler, I think it's an awesome song. It will probably be my favorite on the album."

"Really?"

"For sure."

"Ladies and gentlemen we are landing in bright and sunny California, it is seventy two degrees with zero chances of rain, I hope you all enjoyed your flight and we will see you all next time." A mans voice echoed through the plane.

"Is our first show tonight or tomorrow night?" I asked Josh.

"Tonight I think."

"Good, I've missed it."

"You've only had three days off." He laughed.

"Yeah, but not by choice."

"I guess that's true." He grabbed his stuff and we filed out of the plane. Sam was already in Cali because we flew in a day early. He was waiting for us with a new tour bus outside.

"Hello boys." Sam helped us throw our bags into the bus while Brad, Mark, and the rest of the crew loaded their stuff into the other bus. They were excited to have their own bus this go around, and Josh, Jenna, and I were excited about it just be us in this bus. We got onto the bus and headed toward the venue that was only thirty minutes away.

"How were your flights Sammy?" I asked.

"They were good. I really like flying."

"For that long? It's like a day and a half of flying."

"Yeah, I really don't mind it."

"You're crazy man."

"I know." He laughed.
_________

"Okay, let's go over Hometown one more time, this time I want figure out where I need to go to get up into the crowd." I said into the mic.

"You got it." The track started and my stunt double came in. I ran through the venue and sang, eventually making it to my platform that I would stand on.

"Okay, I think we are good." I said once the spotlight hit me.

"You're good with everything?" Brad asked me.