Chapter 4

The days that followed were better than the first day. No werewolves broke into the house and everyone was getting closer. Some trust even started to build. Lafayette and Angelica got close just as John and Peggy did and Hercules and Maria. Eliza and Alexander seemed to not talk as much. Until one day, Alexander had an idea. 

The day was sunny and warm. There was a knock on Eliza's door early in the morning. She opened the door and saw Alexander. "Hey Eliza, why don't you and I go out today? Like we'll take a walk and stuff..." Eliza was a bit flattered by this, "Sure!" She said sweetly. Both of them rushed to quickly get ready before everyone else was going to wake up. They met in the hallway.

Alexander lead Eliza outside and they walked next together in silence for a few minutes. Eliza just followed Alexander and did not question where they were going. The minutes went by and then a scene opened up before them. It seemed like a new world

Eliza gazed at the beautiful scene before them, she was stunned that something so beautiful was hidden in these woods. Alexander looked at her with a smile. Seeing her happy made him happy, even though he would not admit that to anyone else yet. "Come on," Alexander lead Eliza to a small boat, "Let me take you on a ride." He lead Eliza into the boat and started to row the boat towards the waterfall. 

"Where are we going?" Eliza asked. Alexander smiled, "You'll see." Eliza gazed around the area at then crystal clear blue water, the sky that was somewhat grey but had some blue poking through, and the flowing waterfall that was almost all white in color. "This place is beautiful." Eliza said. "Yes, it really is. I like to come here sometimes..." The boat came to a stop and Alexander helped Eliza out of it. He lead her up somewhere and pulled her behind the waterfall. Eliza feared she would get soaked, but realized they were in some sort of cave. When she turned her head, Eliza saw water flowing in front of her. It was almost a magical place. She looked at Alexander and laughed a bit, "This is amazing!"

 Alexander smiled now.  His face seemed softer when he smiled. His features were normally dark and serious. Now he seemed to be happier. He wouldn't reveal his true feelings about her. Not yet. Before Eliza could turn back around, Alexander dropped his smile and looked at the floor. He looked at her, "I'm glad you like it. I thought you would and I thought you'd want to get out of the house for a bit." Eliza smiled, "thank you." 

Alexander heard something now. He pulled Eliza behind him, "Sh. I think someone is near." There was another cave next to theirs and the two heard people talking. Alexander recognized it was two of the top werewolves, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. What they heard was, "The eclipse is to come in about another month and a half to two months and we will be able to make put plans into action then. For now we have to wait and perfect our plans. Soon those vampires will pay." 

Eliza was beginning to worry, she said in a low whisper, "Alexander can we g-" She was interrupted by Alexander's hand covering her mouth and giving her a motion that told her to be quiet. Suddenly the werewolves stopped- Madison said, "Did you hear that?" The vampire and the human in the cave next to it did not hear a response. Just footsteps. 

Alexander quickly moved his hand from Eliza's mouth to her hand, "You need to trust me, okay? On the count of three we're gonna jump." Eliza gave Alexander a look, "What?!" Alexander tightly held Eliza's hand, "Just trust me, Okay?! One... Two.. Three!" And without hesitation, Alexander jumped, pulling Eliza with him. Their hair and clothes were instantly soaked as they quickly hit the water below them. Eliza came up gasping for air as Alexander laughed a bit, "Come on Betsey, we have to go." He lead Eliza to the nearest patch of land, "Get on my back, I'll use my super speed to run us back to the house... Plus we'll dry off." Eliza nodded and got on his back and in a minute, they were back at the house.

The first words they heard when entering were, "There you two are! We were worried all day!" It was from Angelica. The others came around, Lafayette, Hercules, and John had serious faces of disapproval. "You two went out and didn't think to tell anyone! At least leave a note or something! You could have been killed!" John said. "Well we weren't! Everything's fine." Alexander scoffed. He immediately went upstairs to his room without allowing anyone to say anything else