Chapter 24

The vampire wedding incident and all that involved it now seemed non-existent. The four humans were in the house alone and secure while the four vampires were out and fighting. The four gathered in the library and looked through books that seemed to interest them.

Eliza excused herself from the room for a moment and came back looking pale like she had gotten sick. Angelica raised an eyebrow, "Liza what's wrong?" Eliza sat down, "I just threw up a bit... it happened yesterday morning too..." Peggy's head perked up, "Like morning sickness?" Eliza shrugged, "M-maybe... I was going to wait to take a test..." Maria stood, "Eliza, you have to take a test, come on- we'll be right there with you." Eliza nodded and they went upstairs.

Eliza found a pregnancy test in her bathroom and took it. They all waited patiently for the test to process. The four sat on the floor as the test sat on the counted above them. The timer went off and Eliza stood up. She froze right there, not saying a single word. The three others stood and looked over Eliza's shoulder, gasping at the same time when they saw the word pregnant on the screen.

Eliza smiled, "I'm having a baby!" Tears of joy filled her eyes and she embraced her sister and her friend. Eliza took the test and put it in a little box, "I'll give this to Alex when he comes home... he'll be so happy!" Eliza wiped her tears and looked at the other three, "this baby is so lucky to have three wonderful aunts." They were all smiling and their joy seemed to light up the room.

Meanwhile, the fight was going on and the act that allowed the vampires to win. Then, Alex automatically seemed to know what to do. An unknown werewolf pretended to bite and stab Alexander in the heart which made it seem like he died right there. Before he "died" Alex said goodbye to his friends and told them about the letter again. That's when he seemed to die. They all thought he was dead. His body was replaced with a fake and he himself was taken away.

The sound of a door clicking open caused the girls in the house to rush to the door. John, Lafayette, and Hercules had a miserable look on their face. The look of loss and hurt. Eliza looked at them and worried when she did not see Alexander, "W-where's Alexander?" She asked. John put a hand on her shoulder, "I'm so sorry, Eliza." He began to feel like his tears were choking him, "We lost him... he's gone... a werewolf killed him..." 

Eliza felt like her world was crashing down, "No. No he can't be dead!" She looked at Lafayette and Herc, "Tell me he's not dead ! Tell me that John is lieing!" Lafayette and Her shook their heads, telling her that John was indeed telling the truth. "No!" Eliza shouted. She covered her face and started hysterical crying. She fell to her knees and started hysterical crying. Her sisters and Maria went to her and held her tightly. The embrace broke when John delivered Alex's letter to Eliza. Eliza opened the envelope and began to read. Alexander's letter was very long, so a  basic summary of the letter was;

My very dear Eliza,

This letter will not be delivered to you unless I have passed from this world to another. I hate to go and wish I could always stay here with you. My Betsey, I love you more than words can say and I wish I had not terminated my earthly career so early. I wish we had made a future together. Now that I am gone, go out into the world and live your life. You are the most amazing, beautiful, wonderful woman in this world. I wish to hold you once more and tell you how much I love you. I wish to kiss your sweet lips before I depart, but I am gone. Don't let my death hold you back from your dreams or what you want to do in your life. I love you so much, my Betsey. 

Ever yours,

Alexander

Eliza read this in the library and cried as she read it first to herself and then after aloud to everyone else. She wiped her eyes, "I'm pregnant... and he didn't even know... he would have been so happy." John, Lafayette, and Hercules leaned forward, "You're having a baby?" Hercules asked. Eliza nodded, "Yeah..." She was crying again. They all hugged each other tightly and everyone was crying now. John, Lafayette, and Hercules felt a heavy heart for Eliza, knowing that their friend would want to be there. They knew he wanted to be a father and they knew how much he loved Eliza.