Chapter 16

The following morning, Eliza received a note from Alex that told her to wear something nice because he had planned a special evening for them. Eliza wore a shorter, blue dress, with a skirt that flowed out.

She went downstairs and found no one. This was odd to Eliza because it was now a bit after 1:00 in the afternoon and everyone was usually awake. She found some food for her and ate quickly. Another note told her to go outside. She looked around and found a trail of blue roses. She followed them and looked around. 

Around 2:30, she came across Maria, "Hi Eliza." She smiled, "follow me!" She walked and lead Eliza to the spot where she defeated the wolves and saved Alex. She handed Eliza a red rose with a smile, "I'll see you later!" She left. Eliza then was met with John, Laf, and Hercules, who lead her through the woods to the waterfall. Eliza laughed when she saw her sisters standing there, "Okay... what's going on here?" John, Lafayette, and Hercules each handed Eliza a rose. "Your boyfriend." Hercules said. The three left and Eliza and her sisters walked through the woods and ended up at the spot where Alex and Eliza met. The spot in the woods seemed to be so 

Eliza was soon alone- everyone had gone, she didn't know they were hidden in the bushes. Alexander came out in a tux and stood looking at Eliza. He smiled at her, "Eliza... you are the most beautiful, kindest, bravest, happiest, and amazing person I have ever met in my long, long life. I have been in this world for such a long time and I have never met anyone like you. I want to be by your side and protect you. I would be willing to die for you. I believe you are the love of my life... I love you so much and I want to be with you forever... so-" He got down on one knee, pulled out a small box from his pocket, and opened it to reveal a sparkling engagement ring.

Eliza covered her mouth in joy and surprise. She wasn't expecting this. Alexander smiled at her, "Elizabeth Schuyler, I love you more than anything. I want to always be with you. Will you marry me?" Eliza was still crying when she said, "yes! Yes!" And slipped the ring onto her finger. Her and Alexander kissed. Alexander was not very surprised that she said yes, but he was overjoyed at this moment. Both of them would remember this day as one of the best days of their lives. Soon, the six others of the group came out to congratulate the newly engaged couple.

Tears of joy streamed down Eliza's cheeks as she was surrounded by the people that she held so closely to her heart. Eliza had never felt such joy in her life- she had never felt so loved. The eight traveled back to the house and had a celebration amongst themselves that night.

Alex and Eliza went upstairs after everyone else. Alex walked Eliza to her room and smiled, gazing at her.  He felt truly happy for once in his life. He pushed Eliza's hair from her face, "I love you." Eliza smiled, "I love you too." They had a soft kiss and Alexander smiled softly, "Goodnight, Betsey, my wife to be." Eliza smiled, "Goodnight, Alexander, my future husband."