Chapter 20

John, Lafayette, and Hercules had heard the commotion coming from Alex and Eliza's bedroom. Peggy, Angelica, and Maria were in the library and did not hear a thing. The three vampires went into the room to see the moment when Alexander removed his mouth from Eliza's neck. 

John stepped in quickly, "Alexander! What are you doing?" Alex didn't look at them, he was still in his state of blood obsession. Eliza's pale body fell to the floor. John slapped Alexander, "Alex!" Alex suddenly snapped out of it and looked around. He looked at the faces of his friends, "What happened? Why are you staring at me like that?"

Laf pressed his lips together and looked down at Eliza's body that laid near Alex's feet. Alex looked down and he felt a rush of heat over his face. "no no no no" Alex said, picking Eliza up. When he saw the bite in her neck, he froze, "I-I did this?" Hercules slightly nodded.

Alex laid Eliza on the bed and walked away a bit, "I hurt her..." Lafayette looked at Alexander, "Mon ami, remember the vampire wedding... You did not hurt her. She fought last time, this time she did not fight." John put a hand on Alexander's shoulder, "She knew that if this wasn't done now, you'd never do it..." Here stepped up, "And you or her would be killed." 

Alex looked down, "But I was crazy... I was unaware... I did it without care and concern... I could have hurt her. What if she doesn't wake up? Or she wakes up and hates me?" John shook his head, "She could never hate you." Hercules sat Alex down, "She'll wake up and everything will be fine." Alex nodded and sat in the chair that was closest to the bed. 

John, Laf, and Hercules broke the news of Eliza to Peggy, Angelica, and Maria. The three were instantly enraged by what they had been told. John slipped into the room quickly and said to Alexander, "Hey bud, can you come out here for a minute?" 

Alexander stood and walked into the hallway, facing the three girls. Angelica looked at him for a moment before she approached him and grabbed him by the collar, "I cannot believe you did what you did to my sister!" This is what she started with- she went on yelling at him. When she was finished, Alexander explained that he did not know what he was doing. After that, he showed them the letter, "It had to be done some time... trust me, we'll do this vampire wedding and then we can figure out what to do from there."

Peggy was angry still, she started to tell Alexander off, "If you knew this was supposed to happen, then why didn't you warn her- warn us- before the wedding?! Do you even know if Eliza is going to wake up? Or when? What if you killed her?! If you killed her, I will kill you!" Alexander backed up a bit and Maria held Peggy back so she wouldn't get violent. Alexander sighed, "She'll wake up- there's a 95% chance that she wakes up- she'll wake up soon... I didn't know about the vampire thing..." Maria let go of Peggy- Peggy stood and looked at him. She spoke with a calm and a more worried tone, but soon got a bit angrier, "There's a 5% chance that she doesn't wake up... even though it's small, we can't just not worry about her... Alexander I swear-" Peggy started again.

What no one had noticed was the pale girl who was dressed in her classic light blue color was standing in the doorframe of the bedroom. She looked ill. Blood stained the side of her neck and part of the collar on her dress. She was listening and no one saw her. She slowly walked out of the room and looked at the seven people that stood in the hall. The commotion stopped.

"Eliza!" Angelica, Peggy, and Maria said at the same time, rushing to Eliza and pushing Alexander aside. Eliza did not speak- she stayed in the embrace. She looked around the room and finally opened her mouth, "I take it that you all would like to know what happened.." Alexander looked at her, "You remember?" Usually it takes new vampires a while to remember how they were turned, but their memories weren't perfect. Eliza turned to Alexander, "Of course I do. Now I say we make some tea and sit in the library and I will tell you all my side of this story."

They did just that. Eliza sat in front of everyone, "A human broke into the room and threatened to kill me because they thought I was a vampire. Alex came in and killed him. But, I had a small cut from the knife and when Alex sees blood he goes a little crazy... He showed me that letter a few days ago and I knew that I couldn't fight him off this time. I knew I had to let him do this even though it caused me pain... So he did and I passed out..." She shrugged. Eliza stood and went to one of the shelves in the library, pulling out a few books and setting them down, "I read up on what would happen... and some other things..." She shared the books with everyone.

Eliza looked at everyone, "I'm not a vampire yet... since I am a human, Alex has to seal our vampire marriage vows by biting me... it's like a regular wedding, but instead of a kiss it's a bite- it's like a real eternal promise because vampires live for like ever. I don't know how I'll feel about being a vampire... so I'll give it a few hours after the wedding to decide if I want the antidote or not."

Angelica looked at her sister with a confused look on her face, "But if he bit you... how are you still human?" Eliza shrugged a bit, "Alex bit me and took blood, but did not completely leave me dry. He took enough blood to make me pass out- it was like the night of the eclipse..." Eliza walked to the desk and grabbed a calendar, "Now, Let's find a date for this vampire wedding."

They quickly picked a date for two weeks later.