Chapter 23

There was a moment of silence in the room as Thomas nodded his head and soon enough, the guards moved to capture the intruders. But, no one was going down without a fight. So, a brawl broke out right there where the only two who were not involved were Eliza and Thomas. Thomas chose to sit back and watch this fight happen while Eliza was stuck in her small cell.

Thomas approached the cell and opened the door, grabbing Eliza as soon as he was able to. Alex turned to see this after he had taken the guard he was fighting down. "I don't funking think so, Jeffershit." Alex said somewhat to himself before going up to Thomas and punching him across the face as hard as he possibly could, which made him release Eliza.

The fight continued on in the room, but now everyone was either knocked out to fighting. Quickly, Thomas was the only one standing on his side. But, he did not look defeated, he had a everyone in the room. Thomas stood tall, "put them in cells and I will decide their fate later." Alexander looked at Thomas, "Thomas, please just let them all go." Thomas smirked, "Pick one." Alexander frowned, "Let Eliza go." 

An evil plan brewed in Thomas' mind when he said this very predictable response, "Let them all free except for this one-" He pointed to Alex and then said, "and her." This time he pointed at Eliza. "Make sure none of them know how to get back here." Now, the sic who were not Alex and Eliza were taken out- the shouts from them, mostly Angelica and Peggy, could be heard loud and clear.

Alex and Eliza were each put in separate cells where either knew where the other was. A while passed until Thomas visited Eliza's cell with two guards, "Come, princess, it's time for this all to be over." The door opened and the guards took Eliza's arms, holding them behind her, and making her walk. She walked mostly with her head down, but looked around to see if she could see Alex.

She saw him after walking for about two minutes. He paced in front of the door and looked up when he saw people coming. "Eliza!" he screamed, running to the glass door and banging on it. Eliza stopped in her tracks, "Alex!" She shouted, fighting to see him, but she was ushered away and taken to a room where she was strapped into a chair thing.

Alex was still yelling- he continuously tried breaking the glass on his cell. Meanwhile, the freed group was plotting and eventually got back to the place where they were earlier. They found Alexander and broke him out of his cell, asking where Eliza was. they ran to find her, but when they did- when they saw her, they thought it was too late.

Thomas had given Eliza a potion that was similar to the poison Snow White had. She had fallen into a deep, deathlike sleep. Her skin was pale, her heart beat slow, now she just laid on this bed instead of the chair. She looked dead. Alexander got sight of her and felt his heart drop, "no." he said somewhat silently at first. He ran to her and shook her, "come on Eliza, wake up! Please you have to get up! You're the best thing I have in life- I can't live without you. Come on, please." 

The six others silently entered the room- Angelica and Peggy shook a bit at the sight of their sister. Maria pressed her lips together and choked back tears while Alexander, Peggy, and Angelica were all crying. John, Lafayette, and Hercules also tried to hold back tears, but everyone was soon crying.

Soon, however, a sense of dark hatred entered the room as Thomas stepped through the door, "I see you discovered the little lady. I happen to have the thing that will wake her... but, Alexander, it will cost you." Alexander looked at Thomas, "I will give it all for her... what is the cost?"

Thomas stood straight with a series look on his face, "You have two options.. Option one- She is woken by this with the thought that you and the other vampires are at war with us, the vampires will return home and tell her that they won, but you died. And option 2- The humans forget they ever met you- they go home and go back to their normal lives and no one in the human world remembers you, your marriage will seem as through it never happened. You won't actually be dead, we aren't going to kill you. Also you and I are the only ones in this room that will remember this,"

Alexander frowned- either way, he lost her. Memories flooded to his mind- the first time he saw her, the ball, their first date, first kiss, every other memory. He knew that she would not want to loose him- Eliza was a part of him and he was a part of her. Together they were whole. He was not going to be killed, which meant there was a chance of escaping.

Alexander looked at Thomas, "Option one." Thomas nodded, "Very well, Everyone stays in this room except for Alexander. I'll spray the stuff and the humans will go home. The vampires will remain here and then the plan will go into place. Alexander you may say your goodbyes even though no one will remember them- I'll wake Eliza." 

Eliza woke and asked what was happening- it was explained quickly to her. Alexander said goodbye to everyone, but said goodbye to Eliza last. His goodbye was very emotional. He took her hands in his, "Eliza, I am so sorry I have to do this... but things will be okay. You will be fine and you'll live and thrive without me. You are the most amazing person I've ever met and I love you more than the moon and stars in the sky. I love you more than myself and I hate to leave you, but this is what I have to do." Eliza tried to reason with him, "Please- if you're the only one who will remember this, defy the rules, come back home safe and sound..." Alex shook his head a bit, "I'm doing this to keep you safe. Okay? I love you, my darling Betsey, I will see you soon..." Alex kissed Eliza one more and left the room.

When he was with Thomas, Alex told him, "In my office... the second drawer on the left side of my desk has a letter in it... it says to be delivered to Elizabeth Hamilton in the event that her husband dies. Give that to her." Thomas nodded, "Tell your friends before your fake death."

The scene soon changed and Alex now seemed fully prepared to fake his death.