Chapter 8

Eliza woke the following morning, thinking she returned to her room on her own the night before. Eliza got ready for the day- she showered, blow dried her hair, and picked out an outfit. Eliza picked out a long, yet casual, long sleeved, mint green dress. She went into the kitchen and grabbed a muffin before returning to the library.

Eliza finished her one book before returning all seven to the shelves. She looked for books that sparked interest and piled them up next to the windowsill. The day was bright so Eliza sat next to the window and begun to read.

Alexander entered the library and looked at her for a moment. He exited and went to the kitchen. Everyone else was there. "Where's Eliza?" Angelica asked. Alexander looked at them, "She's in the library reading." Peggy looked up, "The library? There's a library?" Hercules sighed, "God, I forgot about that... I haven't been in there in ages." Alexander nodded, "I know... No one has... that's why I gave it to Eliza."

The heads of the three girls immediately popped up, "You what?" Maria said in a bit of surprise. "I told her she could have it... no one was using it..." Alexander shrugged. "Do you like her?" Peggy said, eager to know. Alexander's face turned red, "I dunno..." He said. John, Lafayette, and Herc looked at each other. "Alex, my buddy, come here and let's have a chat..." John said.

John and Alex walked in the hall together, "Alex, don't try to hide it- you like Eliza. Me and the other guys see it clearly! Just tell her how you feel!" John said, punching Alex's arm a bit. Alex nodded, "I don't want them to hurt her... If that Jeffershit knows that I love her, he will hurt her in order to hurt me... I just... I like her a lot and I want to be close to her... I want to protect her too..." John put his hands on Alex's shoulders like he was giving him a pep talk, "Ask her on a date and start out slow. I believe that she loves you too.. don't be scared, just go for it!" Alex nodded and thanked his friend. 

They returned to the kitchen and only Laf was there. John asked, "Where is everyone?" Lafayette  looked at them with a casual look, "Hercules escorted the mademoiselles to the library." John and Alex nodded, sitting down at the counter.

Angelica, Peggy, and Maria entered the library and looked around the room before looking at Eliza. "Lizzy, this place is amazing!" Peggy exclaimed. Eliza closed her book and stood, "I know! Alexander gave this place to me... all though I can't claim it as mine, I want to share it with everyone! Please, help yourselves to any books you want!" The three others nodded almost in unison. 

Angelica went over to Eliza, "So Alexander gave you this beautiful library and you still are unsure if he likes you?" Eliza looked down a bit and shrugged. She walked away from the three and then turned around, "I can't be the first one to make a move... I'll come on too strong and he definitely won't like me... I have to wait...  and look for signs..." The three nodded and then all four heard the footsteps coming closer to the library.

The four vampires entered the room almost silently until Alexander stepped forward, "Okay- everyone out except for Eliza, I need to speak with her." Peggy looked at him, "Anything you have to say to Eliza can be said in front of all of us!" Alexander nodded a bit- he chose not to argue with Peggy. 

Alexander took a deep breath and approached Eliza. His hands were behind his back. "Eliza, I like you a lot... and I was wondering if you'd maybe like to go out with me sometime?" Alex then removed his hands from behind his back and presented a bouquet of flowers to Eliza. Eliza smiled and accepted his flowers, "I would like that very much." Everyone in the room smiled now. "It's a date" Alexander said, "Tonight at 7 I'll take you out." Eliza nodded, "Okay, tonight at 7." 

Alex exited the room with Laf, Herc, and John. Alex went and started to get ready. Angelica, Peggy, and Maria squealed like they saw their favorite TV show characters get together. Maria smiled brightly, "We have to get you ready!" Angelica took her sister's hand, "come on! There's no time to waste!" All four girls went upstairs to Eliza's room and started to do Eliza's hair and makeup and all.