Chapter 33

Alex reached upstate in no time, searching the town for the restaurant where James and Eliza were. In his mind, Alex only assumed that this could be the work of two people- Thomas or James Reynolds.

People crowded around the table that James and Eliza shared. People were trying to life Eliza off the ground and see if she was okay until James yelled, "Please everyone! Back away from my wife! She needs space!" James picked her up and started to exit the restaurant just as Alex reached the Schuyler home to grab his friends for help.

They searched the town until they finally saw James walking with Eliza in his arms. Alex quickly approached them, "Hey asshole! Let go of my wife!" James glared at Alex, "Well, well, Hamilton." The crowd looked over at Alex in confusion as he approached James, "You traveled here just to hurt my wife so it would get to me. You lied to her, you lied to all of these people. And if it weren't for Peggy, she could have been dead!" 

Alex grabbed Eliza from James and handed her to Lafayette for a moment. Alex now rushed back towards James and punched him as hard as he could in his face. James now laid on the pavement as Alex picked his wife up and they started walking, "We're going home." Alex said. "B-but why don't you just-" Peggy started, but Alex cut her off, "I said we're going home! We're all going home right now!" 

John was now getting somewhat pissed at Alex considering that he yelled at his wife. He approached his friend, "Alex you need to calm down, Peggy was just making a suggestion!" Alex looked at his friend, "I apologize, but I am very angry and stressed and my wife is not well right now... and for once, I don't know how to save her... so I want to go home and I think you all should come with us... Please, I just want to get my son and go home." The group nodded and did just that.

They all piled into one car and drove home. Alex laid Eliza down on this small couch in the library as he searched through to find some book on how to identify what had happened to her. No one in the house really knew anything about poisons or anything like them. Everyone was soon searching for things, but this was not anything they could really find in the books.

They looked at Eliza and tried to think of ways to wake her. Peggy looked at Alex, "True love's kiss?" Angelica laughed, "Don't be foolish, Peggy, this isn't some fairytale." Peggy was a bit embarrassed now. Alex shrugged, "She's right... it won't work..." Alex sat down at Eliza's feet, "I may have to make a call to Jeffershit... he knows about this stuff..." Everyone agreed that was the best option, so Alex called his enemy and he came.

Thomas entered and the room seemed to fill with darkness, "Surprised that you called and asked me for help, Hamilton." Alex rolled his eyes, "Don't be too flattered, I'm only doing this for the sake of my wife and you're the only one I know who understands this stuff."

Thomas went and examined Eliza, "Well this can be one of two things, but both can be cured by a kiss from two different people in this room." Peggy smirked a bit at what was coming. Thomas continued, "Either this can be fixed by true love's kiss or a kiss from an enemy. Alexander, you obviously are her true love- she truly loves you so go ahead, you're first." Alex approached Eliza and lifted her up a bit, pressing his lips to hers, but she did not wake no matter how many times he tried.

Thomas now stepped up, "a kiss from an enemy... allow me-" Alex looked at him, "This is Eliza, she has no enemies." Thomas shrugged, "Let me just try." Alex sighed and walked away, "Make it quick." Thomas went and kissed Eliza, but she still did not wake. Alex looked at him, "There has to be another way." Thomas shrugged, "Well it's probably the curse that requires the kiss of an enemy... It can be transferred to their true love." Alex looked at Thomas, "Do it. Transfer it to me... and then you kiss me to wake me up because I absolutely despise you." Thomas looked at Alex, "You are lucky that I believe your wife is an amazing woman or else I wouldn't do this."

Alex modded, "Thank you. Now how is this done?" Thomas explained there was a potion to make that would allow it to be transferred to Alexander. A few drops of Eliza's blood, the petal of a rose, mint, and just a little bit of chocolate were mixed for Alex to consume in order to transfer this to him.

Thomas looked at Alex, "I believe you want to understand that there are risks- she won't wake up until you do, yours is temporary so if you don't wake, then you will in 4 hours after you take this. Eliza will not wake up unless we find a way. This will work. I can't do this for an hour or else stuff can go wrong. See you later and I will regret kissing you for the rest of my life." Alex smirked a bit, "And I will be disgusted by the moment until the day I die, but I'm doing this for Eliza. That's the only reason why."

Alex looked at the cup in his hands and then looked at everyone around the room, "I don't care if you have to kill me to save her. Just save her. And if she wakes and I don't, tell her I love her." He looked at the cup and shrugged, "Here goes nothing." Alex took the cup and drank the whole cup before his vision went black and he fell to the ground.

Alex woke in a dream- the same dream that Eliza was in.