Chapter 19

A letter arrived one day for Alexander- Eliza delivered it to him and he took it to his office to read on his own. His office was where his bedroom used to be because he and Eliza had a brand new room that they shared in the house. He sat down and opened it at his desk- he knew it was important because it was from a vampire league. The letter said,

Dear Mister Hamilton,

We would like to congratulate you on your recent marriage. However, we regret to inform you that since you have married a human, you must turn her and have a vampire wedding sometime in the following year or else your marriage will be considered nonexistent and we might have to kill you or your wife. You have until your one year anniversary. 

Best of luck.

Alexander had not realized that this was a thing. He sighed and covered his face- he didn't want to have to turn Eliza because he was afraid of hurting her. He knew he needed to tell her, but he wouldn't turn her yet.

Alex walked into the bedroom that he and Eliza shared and sat down with her on the bed. He showed her the letter and looked at her, "I'm not turning you. And if the year is up and they choose to kill one of us, I'll fight like hell to make sure you're okay." Eliza nodded, "One day, the time will come and you will have to. I won't mind, but we can wait. We should wait a little bit..." Alexander nodded and agreed.

Days later, Eliza sat in the library when she heard sounds from outside. She rushed up to her bedroom and looked one of the windows to see a large group of humans out there again. Eliza's eyes widened and she looked around a bit to see if Alexander was nearby. She decided just to stay in the room, but sure enough she was seen. 

The window was shattered and in came someone who looked enraged. He grabbed Eliza quickly, instantly thinking that she was a vampire. Eliza shrieked and pushed him away, "I'm not a vampire!" He laughed because he didn't believe Eliza. He started to approach her and tried to go after her with a knife in his hand.

Eliza's shriek alarmed Alexander. He went running to their room and burst through the door to see this man with his wife. This was different than the times before now. The man grabbed Eliza and placed the knife to her throat. He looked at Alexander, "Move one step closer and I will slit her throat!"

Alexander stopped dead in his tracks, "She is no vampire- she is a human just like you. Let her go, I'm the vampire. I'm the one you want." The human let go of Eliza, but left a small cut on the side of her neck. The cut was nothing severe, but it would effect Eliza deeply.

Without a second of hesitation, Alex lunged at this man and brutally sunk his fangs into his neck. Eliza looked away. The man laid on the floor, the humans outside scattered. Alexander's eyes were an evil red color as he turned and looked at Eliza. He seemed to have no senses. He was blinded by his desire for human blood.

Alexander quickly approached Eliza and went up behind her. He pressed against her and without any warning, sunk his fangs into her neck. Eliza let out a yelp as his fangs entered her skin. He sucked her blood and she soon became light headed. Eliza passed out in Alex's arms- he did not realize what he had done.