Chapter 9

At 7 P.M. on the dot, there was a knock at Eliza's door. She stood and answered the door and was greeted by Alexander's face. He wore a suit, but made it look casual. Eliza wore a long light blue dress that was not too fancy. "You look amazing." Alex said to her. Eliza blushed a bit, "thank you, so do you." Alexander smiled and held out his hand to her. Eliza accepted his hand and they walked out. 

They entered the town and Alexander used his minimal vampire powers to make the couple seem like different people considering that Eliza was on the missing persons list. The restaurant they ate in was fancy, but not the fanciest. The two talked the entire evening and had a nice walk back to the house. 

Alexander wished the night would last forever. The thought that the humans would have to leave soon upset him. He knew it would upset Eliza. They went and sat on a bench in the backyard of the house- there was not much light but there were flowers and beauty all around them. 

"So.. Why don't you tell me more about your life? Things like how high school was for you..." Alexander said. Eliza looked at her hands, "Well... all in all it was fine... I was somewhat popular but some things made it not the greatest experience of my life..."

"What do you mean?"

"At my prom... my boyfriend at the time was making out with this other girl... I was so broken and upset... But this one person, he called himself-"

"H."

Eliza stopped now, "How did you know that?" Alexander sighed, "I was H." The girl froze, "Really?" The vampire nodded, "I was around the woods that night and when I saw you crying, I quickly pretended to be someone from the dance... I used H because I was afraid of people finding out who I was or trying to follow me or ask me questions..." Eliza nodded, "I believe I never got the change to properly thank you... Alex, thank you for that night, you helped me feel better..." 

Alexander nodded, "You are an amazing woman and you don't deserve any pain."He knew she deserved no pain and he hated knowing that he was going to put her in pain in a few weeks when he had to let her go. At that moment, he wanted to kiss her, but he feared that she would think he wanted to take things too fast. 

After talking for a bit longer, Alex walked Eliza back to her room and smiled at her, "Goodnight, Betsey." Eliza smiled, "Goodnight, Alexander. Thank you for tonight- I had a great time." He smiled and entered his room. Alexander picked up a leather journal where some pages were filled. He opened to the next blank page and wrote the date. He wrote My first date with Eliza on the first line and proceeded to write about the whole evening. He closed the book and looked at the cover in which he had written the word Eliza there. He was writing his memories with her because he knew he would always want to remember them.