Chapter 12

Eliza woke the following morning feeling pain all over her body. The vampires decided that the humans would go home the following day because of Eliza's condition. She groaned a bit and sat up to find Alexander sleeping in the chair next to her bed. She smiled at him. 

Eliza pushed herself to get out of bed, but her legs felt weak and gave out. She fell and Alexander woke immediately, "Eliza!" He said, helping her up. He looked at her when he helped her get on her two feet, "So about last night... thank you for what you did... and, I love you too." Eliza's face turned red. She was a bit shocked that he knew, in Eliza's mind she believed that Alex heard her. She smiled now- she was in love! The couple kissed and Eliza felt her pain wash away.

They stood in Eliza's room, looking at each other and smiling, "I-I think I can get dressed and all now- I'm feeling a bit better now that I'm standing on my feet." Eliza smiled. Alex nodded and let her shower and get dressed. He went downstairs to the kitchen with everyone else- they all made breakfast. 

Eliza came down wearing a casual purple dress. Everyone turned and looked at her- there was a bit of silence. John was the first to speak, "there she is! The girl who helped us win! How are you feeling, Eliza?" Eliza smiled and nodded a bit, "I'm better, thank you."

Angelica, Peggy, and Maria now went to Eliza and asked her what happened- Eliza explained the whole thing from her perspective, but she left out the part about her telling Alex she loved him- she was going to tell them after. When she finished, Eliza smiled, "And there's one other thing... Alexander and I are in love! I told him I love him and he said he loves me too!" The three gasped. "Oh my gosh Eliza! That's amazing! I knew he loved you too!" Maria said. The four hugged. "I'm glad you're alright, Liza." Angelica said. Eliza smiled, "me too." 

The day seemed a bit uneventful. However, they did have a big celebratory dinner that night to celebrate the vampires' win. Everyone dressed up for the fun of it. They all talked and laughed together. 

The following afternoon, the vampires gathered the humans in the living room. This was the hard part. The vampires took turns explaining what was to happen. They were going to walk through the woods to get behind Schuyler mansion and the girls would have to go find someone in their house and that would be the end. They were not to come back with the vampires.

The faces of the humans seemed to drop. There were no words, just silence. The humans were trying to take in what had been said. Eliza gulped and stood, "You are forcing us to leave after all we have been through together? All eight of us..." Alexander looked down, "I'm sorry, Eliza but it's what has to be done." Eliza nodded.

A half hour passed before they started their walk. When they were a few feet away, but still hidden by the woods around them, the goodbyes began. Eliza first said goodbye to John, then Hercules, then Lafayette, and Alex last. 

Eliza approached Alexander with a tear in her eye, "I don't want to leave you... I love you so much..." Alexander put his forehead against hers, "I love you more than you will ever know." They kissed and a tear rolled down Eliza's cheek. "We can't be together anymore." Alexander said. Eliza's heart dropped. "We have to break up." He said. Eliza looked down, "We don't have to- soon we can be together, you and I will be together soon-" Alexander stopped, her, "Eliza, we're done. That's it." Eliza started to cry even more, "goodbye, Alexander."

The four humans turned from the vampires and started to walk towards the house. Eliza couldn't stop crying, she felt like her heart was broken. Alexander felt extremely terrible for what he had done to Eliza. He turned around, "Let's go boys." Alexander was back to being cold and distant from everyone.

The four humans returned home and Eliza had to pretend that her heart was not broken. A party was  held to celebrate the girls return. Two weeks later, the four girls decided to get their own house together. By the end of the month, they were all moved in and settled.