Chapter 26

The door to Alexander's cell shattered and he ran out using his super speed. He hardly used his speed, but he needed to get out fast. He needed to get to his wife- he feared that Thomas would steal her from him. He ran and found himself in the middle of the woods in no time. It took a little bit, but he found a way to escape to the town. From there, we went to the funeral parlor.

Eliza sat in a chair in the lobby of the building. Thomas was somewhere else and no one really spoke to Eliza because she was not very talkative. Her sisters sat next to her. Eliza looked at the front door of the building as she rested her head on Angelica's shoulder. Each of her hands were in one of her sister's.

Alexander entered through the back door and pulled Thomas aside, "You want to explain to me exactly what you're trying to do with my wife?" Thomas grinned, "I'm just trying to comfort her... besides, she needs it right now- and ya know after that whole pregnancy announcement I was debating letting you out... but now I see that should not be the case. Let's take a little walk, shall we?" 

They walked outside and Thomas pushed Alex down in front of Aaron Burr and James Madison, "Take him back and make sure that he does not get out." Thomas told them. They nodded and Thomas went back inside. He sat next to Eliza when her sisters got up, putting an arm around her, "Eliza, I'm here for you." Eliza smiled only a little, "Thank you." He pulled her closer to him- Eliza felt a little uncomfortable, but she was scared of Thomas and did not want to get hurt even though he was being surprisingly kind to her.

Meanwhile, Alexander had taken down Burr and Madison. They were not the strongest and Alexander found some ease in knocking them out. He walked around to the front of the building, feeling his nerves heighten as he put his hand on the doorknob.

Alexander opened the doors and walked in. The room fell silent in shock and awe. Eliza immediately sat up straight. She felt frozen for a moment, but stood and started to approach Alexander a bit slowly. Alex now stood looking at Eliza- they were about 5 feet apart. Eliza spoke, "A-Alexander?" Alex slowly walked to Eliza and put his hands on her cheeks, quickly pressing his lips to hers passionately, "Betsey." His hands were around her waist.

Eliza smiled, "I-it's really you... but-" she turned her head and looked over her shoulder at the room with the casket. Alex shrugged, "Probably a fake body... I woke in this strange place and saw some kind of video of you talking... Then I realized you thought I was dead and I escaped that place..." Eliza hugged him tightly and now cried tears of joy. Alexander caught a glimpse of the look of pure anger and hatred on Thomas' face. 

Eliza looked at her husband with a big smile,"You're going to be a father, Alexander. I'm pregnant and we are going to have a beautiful baby." Eliza now held his hands. He already knew but he wanted to act surprised, "I am? Oh my goodness Eliza!" He picked his wife up and spun her around before placing another kiss on her lips. Everyone in the room applauded cheerfully for the couple.

Soon everyone left and went home. Eliza changed from her dark clothes into something lighter and happier. Eliza went downstairs and joined Alexander in the library. They started pulling out parenting books and baby books and all kinds of books like that.