Chapter 10

The following morning, Eliza followed her regular morning routine. She entered the living room and Angelica, Peggy, and Maria sat there. Peggy smirked a bit, "Soooo how was you're date?" She asked. Eliza smiled, looked around to make sure none of the vampires were nearby and said, "It was amazing!" She almost squealed like a little girl.

They all sat down like a group of teenage girls. Angelica leaned in, "Was he charming?" Maria looked at Eliza, "Did you kiss?" Peggy laughed a bit, "Did you have sex?" Eliza laughed a bit, "He was so charming and kind... We didn't kiss and we did not have sex! But all in all it was just... magical." Peggy sighed, "Details??"

Eliza smiled and nodded. She went on to tell them everything that went on that evening. She left out the part from years earlier. "So do you think there will be a second date?" Peggy asked, raising an eyebrow. Eliza nodded, "I think so. I really like him! He's amazing..." She smiled brightly.

The four humans didn't know that the four vampires were lined up outside the entry way to the living room. They could not be seen. They snuck off to the kitchen and Her elbowed Alex, "Way to go, man! She really likes you!" Alexander nodded, "I really like her... I'm definitely asking her out again." John was looking at a calendar nearby, "Guys, I don't mean to ruin things... but the eclipse is just two weeks away..." 

Alexander's head shot up and his heart sank, "Two weeks?" John nodded and showed them the calendar. Alexander frowned, "We should start making plans... Attack plans, keeping the humans safe, returning them home, none of us dieing, who else is joining us..." They all nodded in agreement and went to the room in the house that was just down the hall from the Library. It was Alexander's office.

For an office, it was a large space. The walls were a tan color, Alex's desk was of brown oak, his chair matched. Most of his papers were surprisingly organized and there was one medium-sized window. Some papers were scattered on the desk. Alexander sat down behind his desk and John, Lafayette, and Her sat in the three chairs across from him. They began discussing plans for the night of the eclipse. They estimated their numbers for the fight and planned how to keep the four humans out of harm's way.

The planning took a total of around three hours. The four humans were down the hall, talking and laughing in the library. After that was all done and dinner and all were through, everyone went to their rooms but, before Eliza could enter, Alex grabbed her arm, "What do ya say that tomorrow morning you and I go on a second date?" Eliza smiled, "Sure!" Alex smiled now, "Okay, be ready for 10 AM." Eliza nodded and the two said goodnight.

The following morning, Eliza woke and got ready for their date. Eliza found a note that told her to pack a bathing suit. Alex was perfectly on time. They exited the house and went to the lake and waterfall that they had previously visited, "I knew today was going to be nice... So I packed us a picnic and figured we could also go for a swim." Eliza nodded with delight. 

Alex set up their blanket and basket. He removed his shirt and remained in his swim bottoms. Eliza began to take off her outer clothes and stood wearing a bikini that did not show off too much. Eliza was not a fan of bikinis, but Angelica, Peggy, and Maria convinced her to wear one earlier in the morning. Alexander thought Eliza looked amazing.

The two went and jumped into the lake. They swam and talked and laughed together. Then, they got close. There were no words spoken. Alex pushed Eliza's dark hair from her face and marveled at her beauty for a moment. He then put his lips on hers and they both fell into what seemed like the most magical kiss in the world. When the kiss broke, they were both smiling brightly.

They finished their swim, ate, and returned to the house. Eliza felt so amazing at this point in time- she never wanted to leave. Her bond with Alexander was magical. She felt that this was a dream and wondered what she did to deserve this.