Chapter 7

In Eliza's dream, she found she was in the middle of the woods on the night of the eclipse. Someone called her name, it was Alexander. She called back to him when she felt herself being grabbed by someone. She was shouting and fighting until she was dragged into a place where light came from a campfire. She was brought face to face with Thomas Jefferson. He had glowing yellow eyes and sharp teeth. His fingers were claws and he inched closer to Eliza, grabbing her. 

His wicked smile scared Eliza and told her that he was going to kill her. Looking beyond him, she saw James Madison, Charles Lee, and several other unfamiliar faces. Looking behind her, she saw a fearful and enraged Alexander and behind him were the terrified faces of Angelica, Maria, and Peggy- next to them were the shocked faces of Lafayette, Hercules, and John. Thomas grabbed Eliza's hair and turned her to face him. She got one last terrifying look of Thomas before she jolted awake. 

Eliza woke with a bit of sweat on her forehead. She was shaking and almost in tears. She needed comfort so she wandered through the halls to get to the library. Eliza opened the doors and walked in, turning on the lights before her. She wandered around the large room and looked up at the thousands of books around her. 

Eliza started to look and pulled out books on vampires and werewolves and eclipses and all. She wanted to know more. She was very curious. She stacked a total of around seven books on the floor next to her. Eliza started to read when she fell asleep after getting about three fourths of the way through her first book. She slept peacefully on the floor surrounded by so many books. 

Alexander woke, hungry for something. He was going to go downstairs and grab some blood from the fridge. He opened his door and walked out of his room to find that Eliza's door was open. She knew that her door was usually closed, so he peered in to find that Eliza was missing. He began to panic a bit, running frantically through the house. Alex ran to the library to find Eliza sleeping there.

Alex quietly went over to her and picked her up, bringing her up to her room and placing her in her bed. She still slept. Alexander got his blood from the kitchen and returned to his room. Then, everyone slept until the morning came.