Chapter 6

Eliza woke the following day perfectly fine. She did have some marks on her neck from when she was being choked, but they eventually went away.

The weeks that passed seemed to fly by. The four humans were starting to enjoy themselves and they were actually happy with the vampires now. A bond formed between the eight of them. Their friendship was strong and the love that some people felt between each other seemed unbreakable. They would have their fights at times, but all in all, they get along pretty well. 

Eliza felt that she was in love, but being afraid of what Alexander thought and the fact that he was a vampire caused her to hold in her feelings. Alexander's feelings also seemed to grow, but he didn't want to put Eliza in more danger and he did not want to hurt her in any way. 

Eliza sat alone in the kitchen on this particular day when Alexander came in and looked at her. He wanted to stand her up and kiss her right at that moment. He wanted to say he was in love with her, but he couldn't. He didn't want to put her in danger and he didn't want to come on too strong.

Eliza looked up from the book she was reading and smiled when she saw Alexander, "Hey." She greeted him. Alexander half smiled, "Hey." He noticed her book, "Where did you get that book?" Eliza shrugged a bit, "I found it in the living room." Alex nodded, "Can I show you something?" Eliza smiled again, "sure!"

Alexander lead Eliza to the library of the house. He opened the doors and allowed Eliza to enter with him. The walls were lined with all kinds of books and it looked almost like the library in Beauty and the Beast. Eliza felt that this whole situation was like Beauty and the Beast- that she was Belle and Alex was the Beast. She hoped that one day they could be together.

Alexander smiled when she saw Eliza's wonder and shock over the library. "This can be yours... I'll give it to you. No one in this house uses it..." Alexander said to her. Eliza turned around, "Really?" Alexander nodded. "Oh thank you!!" Eliza said with a very bright smile. 

Her and Alexander walked back to the kitchen and Eliza started to prepare dinner for everyone. They all ate that night and went up to bed. Eliza still wondered how the vampires went out in the daytime and slept at night most of the time, but she felt that they did that just to seem more human. That was the true case. They had a special ability to go out in the daytime and could stay awake for over 24 hours, but chose to sleep at night not to scare the humans.

The house was dark until Eliza woke from a dream in the middle of the night.