Chapter 15

The following night, Eliza and Alex both prepared for dinner with Philip and Catherine Schuyler. Eliza put on one of her nicer blue dresses. She did her hair and makeup and picked out a nice pair of shoes. She put on sparkling silver jewelry that her mother had given her. Alexander put on a pair of dress pants and a nice shirt to match. He made himself look sophisticated. He did his hair, letting it stay down and practiced several times what to say. He had flowers for Catherine as a gift.

Alex and Eliza met by the front door and used a car to get to the Schuyler's. They went inside Schuyler mansion, Alex following Eliza. Philip and Catherine quickly came to greet the couple. Alexander introduced himself to both Catherine and Philip and gave Catherine the flowers. Eliza warmly greeted her parents and they all went into the dining room. 

Philip was asking Alexander a million questions about his life, his job (Alex said he was a lawyer), his friends, and how long he's known Eliza. He made up the story that he was kidnapped with Eliza and the two of them found a way out together. The meal concluded and Alexander and Philip had the secret plan to speak in private. Alexander excused himself to the bathroom and a few minutes later, Philip excused himself to the kitchen. 

They met in the parlor, Alexander sitting across from Philip. Alexander took a deep breath, "Mister Schuyler, I am in love with your daughter. I love her more than anything and I am willing to do anything for her. I will protect her against every evil and help her through every challenge. I want to spend the rest of my life with her, so I am asking for your blessing, may I marry your daughter?" Philip's face was serious at first, but soon softened to a smile, "You have my full blessing, Alexander. And please, call me Philip. I see that you make her very happy... and that's all I want." Alexander thanked Philip and told him that he planned to propose to Eliza that next day.

Alex and Eliza left Schuyler mansion after staying for about three hours. They went back to the vampire mansion and since Eliza was very tired, she immediately went into her bedroom. This gave Alexander time to plan for the following day. Everyone else in the house was awake and he called them to the kitchen. They made a plan that they all knew Eliza would love.