Does It Hurt?

Underdog-You Me At Six

Taylor's POV

I yawned tiredly, getting ready for my day. The shower had already been of use to me and I was just about to have my breakfast before I actually left for the Geoff's house. He wanted to give a present and then they all wanted to show me the new album which sounded pretty rad.

Jack said he would drop me off but I didn't mind driving. Sure I won't drink, but it'd be nice to drive and then go hunting for stuff later on.

TRENDY BOYS (and gal) group chat

'I'll pick you up if you want?'-Awsten

'Its Fine, I'm driving.'

'You? Driving? Woah!' -Ottopuss

'Shut up Otto. I won't be dead when I get there but you'll be dead when I leave if you carry on :)'

'I missed ya sassy ass!'

I rolled my eyes at the messages before taking a step outside and diving in the car. Music choice today?

Playing God?

Underdog?

I played the 'Pop Punk Perfection' playlist on shuffle while driving. Someone kept texting me but I couldn't respond because I was driving. And don't we all love those kind of times?!

'Hey are you okay? Can we talk today?'-Dad x

'Im at the parx hangout for most of the day probably but I'll swing round tonight! Lazy persons honour! X'

'Sure, love ya kid x'

'Love ya too dad x'

I got out of the car to see Awsten stood outside with his phone out. Before I could scare him, he realised I was there and gave me a large and well overdue hug. He carried me inside then threw me at Otto who hugged me then threw me to Geoff. Originally, he wasn't looking so I thought he was going to drop me. I clung onto his shirt for my dear life! Thankfully though, he caught me happily and threw me in the air.

"I missed you!"

"I've missed you all!" I smiled before he put me down. "So how y'all been?"

"Y'all? You really have missed us, you're changing to Awsten language."

"Yes gurl!" He sassed and joined my side, linking arms with me. "See we over rule the two of you assholes."

"We do don't we Awsten?!"

"Hell Yeah!" We all laughed before I was slid a blue Gatorade. "Anyway the new album! Do you have your earphones and you can listen to it?"

"She doesn't go anywhere without them, don't you guys remember?" Geoff chirped in, Remembering when I told him all of this on our first date.

They slid me Awsten's Laptop with all the demos and actual recordings on. The album was called Entertainment.

Sounds...entertaining. (You see what I did there?)

——————-|-/————————

I feel as though I must I say, Entertainment is possibly my favourite album of all time. It has the lyrical content and the instrumental content too! I'm not saying this because they're my friends and I love them but it's flawless. If I had a suggestion anyway Awsten would probably try and sass me away but loose. I'm far sassier than he is.

My favourite song was probably Rare, Sleep Alone or Lucky People. Sleep Alone because not only was it fast and upbeat, the lyrics were amazing.

Rare because it had everything the average pop punk love song needed. Guitar, drums, humming and a small small part of high notes. I don't know the technical names for it! But my favourite lyric was probably 'I hope it's nicer where you are. Because I only wanna lift you up, because I never really said enough.' It's some beautiful lyrics that really hit home. Awsten loves too much and he thinks he didn't say I love you enough. He doesn't realise that it wasn't his fault she cheated. It was her fault! The fame rushed to her head!

Lucky People because it was your pop punk love song. Acoustic of course. It was really beautiful. I don't have more words than that.

"You just gave me a brand new favourite album." I smiled and slouched down next to Otto. "That's amazing."

"You think?"

"Dude I know." I told them all, receiving an attack of hugs from the three of them.

"Anyway we're gonna get food! Thai food?" Awsten asked as Otto shook his head.

"I want In-N-Out burger. All in favour say I."

"I!"

"Over ruled! Guest vote so we win! Burger it is!" He marched out the house with his head held high, waving his arms in the air about how he had won.

"So T, how are you and Jack?" Geoff coughed as he said Jack's name (I'm sure I caught him mutter something under his breath).

"We're okay. My mom and dad found out."

The lemonade flew from his mouth midway across the room. "What did they say?!"

"Nothing."

"Holy shit." He paused. "Anyway your present!" The boy bounced up the stairs then ran back down with a fairly large shoe box and handed me it. "Don't Open it until you're alone."

"What?" I opened my eyes wide as he smiled. What was he planning? "Thanks I guess?"

"You're welcome T." He nodded. "They're back with the food... and a guest."

"Hey babe." Jack smiled and kissed my head softly. "I thought I'd come along, I haven't seen any of you in ages!"

"We missed you Barakat!" Awsten laughed with Jack.

Geoff looked at me awkwardly, wanting to say something but restraining himself. Why? What was so bad that he couldn't say?

'Can you come back please? x'

'Sure. I'll be on my way x'

"I gotta go my dad wants me. I'll see you all soon, it was lovely catching up we should do it again."

"I!" The three of them yelled back and I laughed before I got in my car.

What was in that box?