Pointing The Finger.

The Wounded World-As It Is

Taylor's POV

"Pete get Bronx and go home." I whispered, due to dad chasing after Jack.

"But-"

"I'll be fine don't worry I can handle a pissed off alex." I laugh and handed him his son. "Go."

'You need a lift?'

'Nah I'm all good.'

I wasn't sure where mom and dad had both gone but it was giving me a good time to get away. I ran upstairs and grabbed my board.

"Like I said you're not going anywhere either sit down." Dad sat me in a chair in the living room. 

Everyone had left so now it was eerily silent, just the tension between me, mom and dad. I had no clue where Jack had gone but I gathered that it probably wasn't good. 

"When did it start?"

"Jack told me he fancied me a couple of days after I found out about Geoff and Bronte."

"You happy?"

"Yeah."

"Please be careful then, we're not annoyed or anything." Mom hugged me as Dad brought Jack into the room.

"You're not?"

"No. I mean my daughter with my best friend is pretty weird but he's only seven years older than you."

"Thanks dad." I hugged him. "Thanks Ma."

"No problem." She smiled. "Now you two go home."

"Will do." I dived on Jacks back. "To the car!"

"Lets go!" He ran out of the house, closing the door behind us.

'I think I've held a grudge for long enough. I miss talking to you Geoff.'

'I miss you too bby x'

'How have things been?'

'Been good, the bands all good. Otto learnt to ride a unicycle. You? X'

'What the fuck I gotta see this.'

'Come around soon?'

'Fuck yeah!'

We got home and both of us dived on the couch. I was exhausted I won't lie.

"Jack?"

"Yup?"

"Do you actually think my dad is cool with it?"

"Honestly Maybe. I'm not sure." He shrugged and put his head next to mine.

——|-/——

I was rudely awaken. We weren't on the couch anymore. He'd carried me upstairs. I smiled to myself and turned to fact the wall.

"Babe?"

"Mhmm."

"Babe wake up."

"What?" I groaned.

"Don't you think the sky looks super pretty at 3am?"

"Very much. But is that all you woke me up for?"

"There's that 24 hour Chinese place down the street. Wanna go get that then go on the roof and look at stars?"

"Very much. I'll go get it." I stood up and stretched. "Seen as I'm awake."

"Love you babe." He smiled. "There's the cash n shit."

"I've got some I'll be back soon." I yawned, staring at the boy.

I was very surprised when my mom and dad told me they were okay with it. I mean I'm not much younger than them but still. People will hate it when it comes out but honestly I just want to be happy.

In the car I listened to That's What You Get by Paramore. I was able to sing and tap along to the rhythm in time without anyone making comments about it being (annoying).

I'd ordered our food in the takeout section and I peacefully sat down looking out of the window. It was empty so it was silent.

"Taylor."

"Geoff." I sighed. "Hi."

"Hey. What are you doing here? It's late, it's not safe to be out at this time."

"I could say the same for you." I yawned quietly. "What are you doing?"

"The guys are with their girlfriends at mine and I can't get to sleep. Yourself?"

"Jack woke me up and asked if I wanted to get this and go stargazing but he didnt come."

"He shouldn't have woken you up. Go back to sleep and I'll drive you home."

"Geoff I'm fine." I quickly drank my soda and collecting my order. "Thankyou. I'll see you round."

"T, please. I understand what I did was bad. I can't even look at another person without thinking about you. I can't look at a couple without think about us. Please I'm not asking for forgiveness, a relationship or anything like that. Just a friendship. I miss my best friend."

"I miss my best friend too." I hugged him tightly. "I'm going back home, I'll see you soon."

"Come round tomorrow?"

"Of course." I laughed and got in my car to listen to Double Dare.

'@Waterparks; WE'RE BRINGING OUT A NEW ALBUM CALLED ENTERTAINMENT. IT OUT NEXT WEEK.'

—-|-/—-

I arrived home and looked into our bedroom, jack wasn't in.

"Jack?"

"Oh hey." He smiled and sat up. "You got food."

"Yeah. Sorry I took so long, I was talking to an old friend."

"It's fine." I sat beside him and we tucked into our food and watched The Office. "You doing anything tomorrow?"

"Yeah actually I got plans, you?"

"Same." He admitted. "I'm gonna sleep night."

"Night Jack." I told him as I carried on watching the programme.

'Hey! We're bringing out a new album, and seen as you said you'd come around tomorrow, wanna Listen to it?'

'Of course! I mean, if it's cool with you guys.'

'Yeah!'

Jack was mumbling again, holding onto me tightly. It made me feel safe but worry at the same time. He never holds me this tight.

Suddenly, he woke up and pushed me away. I looked at him as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"What's wrong?"

"I had a nightmare."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"You wanted to get married. And oh my god I've never being so scared honestly." He held onto his chest.

"You don't want to?"

"Well not really. It's weird, Sure love you and all, but I don't want the government to know."

I gave him a very mixed look. It was anger mixed with confusion and a tiny bit of sadness. God what would you call that emotion?

Anonness?

"Sure." I replied. "I'm gonna sleep J, night."

"Night." He wrapped his arms loosely around me before pulling me in tight and whispering "I love you." Right before I fell to sleep.