Suburban Living.

Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't)-All Time Low

Taylor's PoV

It was my first day of school and I was pretty excited.

'You wanna walk together x?'-Bronte

'Na I'm meeting a friend.'

I wasn't lying, Josh was coming here and then we were going to get Juliet.

I threw on my skinny ripped jeans with my Fall Out Boy shirt. I had a flannel around my waist loosely but not loose enough to come undone.

'Wait do people here wear caps? Because if they don't I'll wear a beanie.'

'People do wear caps idiot! It's LA, it's sweaty as hell x'

'Alright thanks Jish x'

I put my grey and red cap on backwards and headed down with my backpack and skateboard.

"Breakfast."

"Thanks dad." I had my eggs and bacon which he'd made me. "Hey dad?"

"Yeah kid?"

"D'ya think Lisa would let me call her mom? I mean I wanna but I don't wanna freak her out."

"Are you kidding? She'd love that, hon-" the door bell rang as I finished my meal. "I'll get it."

"No I got it!" He beat me to the door and I fell on the floor. "Hey josh."

"You okay there?"

"All good." I stuck my thumb up before getting back on my feet. "Alright dad I'll see you later, tell mom I said bye."

"Oh my god your dad is Alex gaskarth! That's amazing!"

"Please don't tell anyone. Nobody was supposed to know so-"

"Hey it's fine I'm not gonna go telling anyone unless you want me to." He put his hand on my shoulder. "Skate?"

"Yeah!" I put my board down and skated away from him quickly. "Catch me if you can!"

"You're going the wrong way!"

"OH SHIT IM COMING!" I did a 180 degree turn quickly and returned back to him.

"Calm down." He steadied me quickly before we carried on.

"Thanks."

"No problem." His phone rang as he smiled at me, causing him to roll his eyes. "Hold up my dads ringing me." There was a tiny pause before he carried on talking.

I wasn't going to be nosey so I just admired the view.

"When we get to Juliet's my dads gotta bring my bag, apparently I forgot my lunch."

"Sick." I told him and he just laughed.

"Parents are so bossy."

"Mine aren't too bad. Then again I've been with them for about two weeks."

"My Dad isn't But my mom and little sister never leave me alone. It's so annoying."

"Awh you have a little sister!"

"She's not th-"

He was cut off by a little girl running up to him quickly. "Joshy!"

"Copeland can you get off my leg please? I'm talking to my friend."

"I'm Copeland!"

"It's nice to meet you I'm Taylor!" I bent down to her height and hugged her.

"Oh this is Taylor?" She raised and eyebrow and josh shoved his head in his hands. "Ooh Taylor! Taylor kiss me Taylor!"

"Copeland what did we say about your brother?" A male voice said, pretty high pitch too. "Oh my god Taylor!"

"Kellin?"

"Yeah I'm your dads friend! I've heard so much about you, it's great to meet you!" He hugged me.

"Awh you too!"

"Oh this is the Taylor you're always talking about?"

"Dad shut up now!" He exclaimed and shook his head. "We gotta go, goodbye dad. Goodbye Copeland."

"Bye brother! Bye Taylor!"

"Bye Taylor!"

"Bye Kellin!" I smiled before I was skated away quickly. "You're Dad is like a legend."

"Yeah but Copeland and my mom aren't." He sighed. "Don't say anything though. Because even Juliet doesn't know, nobody knows."

"I won't, you don't tell mine I won't tell yours."

"Thanks T." He hugged me. "Dah shit Juliet isn't coming in. She's ill."

"Oh."

"Hey we're in the same lessons all day. All day every day wouldn't worry. I won't leave your side. I promise."

"Thanks Josh, honestly." I hugged him back.

--|-/--

Drama was last period and it was the only one I was really happy about.

They'd finished Romeo and Juliet and were starting a new Shakespeare play. It was to show to the whole school, like a end of year showcase.

Miss was really enthusiastic about it and said she wanted me and josh to stay back at the end. It was my first day, I couldn't have done anything wrong yet!

We were all sat in the hall, everyone in the school who studied drama.

"Hello students! The play at the end of the year for the showcase is-drumroll please!" We all hit our knees quickly. "Shakespeare's Macbeth!"

"That's amazing!" Josh whispered to me. "You gotta go for Lady Macbeth."

"No way."

"You do that, I'll go for Macbeth."

"Promise?"

"Promise." He grasped my hand tightly.

"Class dismissed! Josh Glenn, Taylor Parker stay!"

"Taylor Parker?"

"It's my original name. But josh Glenn?" I laughed.

"My dad said I had to use something nobody would guess." We both stood up and walked toward miss. "What'd you need us for miss?"

"Nobody else is auditioning for Macbeth or Lady Macbeth. It's going to be you two."

"But miss I just started. People are gonna be pi-annoyed about this."

"Well if they have a problem they can take it up with me. And you can swear around me Miss Parker." She handed us both scripts. "The auditions start next week, rehearsals for you two can start tomorrow after school if that's okay?"

"All good. Thankyou Miss." we hugged her.

"No problem, better get going home. I'm having Chinese for tea."

"Enjoy." We laughed as she ran out of the hall quickly. "OH MY GOD JOSH!"

"OH MY GOD TAYLOR!" He grabbed me quickly. "We're playing the main roles!!"

"It's wild!"

"Wait are you telling Alex yet?"

"Not yet. Maybe soon."

"Same. I'll walk you home." He grabbed my hand as we walked out.

"TAYLOR! TAYLOR IM HERE!"

"I guess I won't."

"You can c-"

"BROTHER! WE'RE HERE!"

"Guess not." He laughed.