Chapter 1: Willow Rue Mellark

Katniss pov

Today I am going to tell Peeta I am pregnant. We have been married for about a year now so it is no surprise I am going to have a child. I am 4 months pregnant and it already shows so Peeta has probably figured out by now but I still want to tell him.

I am ripped away from my thoughts as I hear Peeta get back from his job at the bakery. I run downstairs and today I wore a tighter shirt so he definitely sees the baby bump.

"Katniss, are you pregnant?!?" Peeta asks as he examines me.

"Yes, Peeta, Yes I am!!" She exclaims. He puts his hand on my already round belly and he/she starts kicking. Then it sets in Oh my Lord I am going to be a mom.

"Oh Katniss that is wonderful" he yells. Then I tell him I am 4 months pregnant. His corner of his mouth turns up to form a huge grin.

I can't wait until tomorrow for our first appointment.

Peeta's pov

When Katniss and I get to the hospital one of the nurses directs us to room 2. Then the lady leaves and a new one walks in she has dark brown hair and bright blue eyes.

She says, "Hi I am Marilee. You guys must be Katniss and Peeta."

I respond, "Yes that is us." I then shake her hand. Marilee then begins the scan on Katniss. Then a beautiful baby shows up on the screen.

"Looks like you two have a beautiful baby girl." Marilee exclaims as she cleans up Katniss and gives her a pic of the baby girl. I knew it was I girl. I could just tell.

*5 months later*

Katniss' pov

The joy of holding me baby girl in my arms is better than any joy I have ever had. Peeta wanted to name her Willow Rue Mellark. It was the perfectest name in the world. Willow has dark brown hair and blue eyes. The perfect mix. I am still at the hospital but will be let out tomorrow. Peeta never left my side through it all. I lose my train of thought as I hear a baby cry. It is feeding time. Peeta goes to get a bottle as I get Willow. I right as I sit down with Willow Peeta brings me the bottle. I feed Willow then fall into a deep sleep💕

Peetas pov

My sweet girls are still asleep so I start packing. Then I hear Katniss.

"Good morning Handsome" she says with a smile as bright as every star combined. Katniss gets up and sets Willow in the crib the hospital set up. Then we begin to pack. I pack my clothes, Katniss packs hers, but we both pack Willow's.

When we get back to the house I begin to get excited because Katniss did Willow's nursery and never let me see it. I walk up there and open the door to the most beautifully room ever. The walls are a lighter magenta with some of met paintings copied onto the wall. Then I see it. Katniss wrote the first verse of Deep in the Meadow on the wall. Then right front and center is a pic of me and Katniss in the meadow. Our backs facing the sunset. Below that is the one word that means so much to us, Always.

Katniss pov

I slowly sneak behind Peeta and scare him.

"Katniss this is amazing!!! I love it!!" He stammers.

I reply, "Thanks" he kisses me then I walk off to get Willow. Peeta and I kiss her good night then head to bed.

I hope you all like this story! I try my best. Love you guys.
~Alexis