(ENG) Chapter Three - Next Step

It's been a week since the last time Pha dropped Singto home, there was no news from the man, neither call nor text.

Pha looked anxiously staring at his phone screen, there were 30 more LINE unread notices, and 3 miscalls, suddenly a text came in, he immediately read it but felt disappointed.

Pha turned to look at the clock which showed 3:16 p.m, he was about to walk inside but was stopped by the sound of the door being opened, he turned around immediately to see.

Finally, a smile was engraved on his face when he saw Singto's face. Pha immediately changed his mind about getting inside and welcoming him, he noticed the man's legs seemed to have been well.

"Welcome!" Pha greeted him and then invited him to sit at an empty table. "How's your condition?" Pha asked, referring to the wound.

"It's almost healed..." Singto tried to move his arm and leg. "Your doctor is awesome, please give my thanks to her."

"Tell her yourself, you have her number, don't you?" Pha jokes. "I'm just kidding, I'll tell her later! Have you eaten? Want to order something?"

"I have eaten before coming here, thank you," Singto replied then handed over a paper bag he had brought to Pha.

"I came here to return your shirt, I have washed and ironed it..." he returned the shirt he had borrowed during the interview. "Sorry, just find a time to return it now..." Actually, Singto just remembered to wash it two days ago.

"It's okay, I don't wear it..." Pha suddenly remembered Singto's shirt still in the laundry and he forgot to get them.

"Besides that, I also want to tell you that I have been accepted to join an advertising company starting next week!"

"Wow! That's Great!" Pha exclaimed. "Congratulations on your new job!"

But suddenly Singto's expression turned gloomy

"When I received the call this morning...I immediately called Fon and wanted to tell her about this good news, but her number was not active. I guessed she has changed her number..."

"What is your purpose in telling her?"

"Huh? Um..." Singto thought for a moment. "I don't know either, I just want to find a reason to talk to her... because everything happened so fast that night...and I'm still confused..."

"Well, I can't help you with that, I can only wish you good luck..."

"I know, thank you..."

"Didn't you say you want to treat me? As well to celebrate you get the new job!"

"Sure, that's a great idea..." Singto gasped instantly, then scanned around the room. "But, your store is busy now, I don't want to disturb your time..."

"No need to worry, I hired the professional people..." Pha pointed to his employee who was watching him and Singto while gossiping with each other, he glared at them immediately.

"So, where are we going today?" Pha asked.

"I want to go shopping for some new shirts and pants for work..."

"Aw, I happen to know the shop around here that sells a shirt that has good quality and the price is not too expensive, and I know the owner, he always gives me discounts!"

"Really? That's great!"

"Wait here, I will get ready!" said Pha and walked inside to fix his appearance and prepare everything before leaving the shop with Singto.

They visited several formal clothing stores, fashion shops, underwear shops, and shoe stores. Pha bought underwear, belts, and shoes, while Singto bought formal shirts and pants.