(ENG) Chapter Sixteen - The Talks

Pha arrived at the hospital and straightly headed to the patient's room where his mother was hospitalized, there was waiting for his father who sat on the couch reading the newspaper while watching for his mother.

The old man looked at Pha from up to down and his eyes stopped at his feet.

"Did I tell you that your mother was in the ER, so you're panicked and forgot your shoes?"

Pha glanced at him irritably. "I...gave my shoes to a homeless on my way..."

"Oh..." the man commented briefly while nodding.

"How did you know my mother was in the hospital?" Pha returns the question and feels suspicious.

The old man fixes his glasses before answering.

"Your mother invited me to meet this morning, I'd waited for more than half an hour but she didn't show up, so I called her, yet the one who picked up the phone wasn't your mother, but a taxi driver who told me that your mother was unconscious in his taxi." Seung Hyun tried to explain.

Pha walked and sat beside the bed, then held his mother's hand carefully. "What happened to my mother?" He changed the topic.

"Have you not noticed the strange symptoms she got lately?"

Pha tried to remember and realized that her mother often complained of dizziness.

"What is the result of diagnosis?"

"The doctor has not run the whole test yet, but from the temporary diagnosis result, most likely your mother has the arrhythmia heart disorder."

"How bad is that?"

"You have to ask the doctor for that!"

Pha was about to stand up and look for the doctor who was responsible for his mother but was immediately stopped by his dad.

"By the way the doctor asked, did your mother consume certain medicines?"

"He often complained of dizziness and visited the clinic to get medicine..." Pha paused for a moment then took out his cell phone and called someone.

"I really didn't expect something like this to happen, I'm sorry, your mother only complained that she couldn't sleep and was dizzy, she didn't report other symptoms, actually I do feel suspicious and I told her to do a checkup at the hospital, but she refused!" Esther explains on the phone.

"What medicine did you give to her?"

"I gave her a low-dose sedative and it was not dangerous for the patient who has the heart condition as long as she didn't consume it too much," Esther added.

"There are many factors that caused your mother to faint due to arrhythmia symptoms, and I think you know better than me, but arrhythmias aren't dangerous if treated properly, but in some cases can cause heart failure and sudden death."

"Take care of your mother and don't stress her too much!" said Esther last before cutting the line.

Pha walked back to her mother's bed while rethinking Esther's words. Pha guessed his mother must be stressed thinking about his illicit relationship with Singto.

Seung Hyun walked over toward him and patted him on his shoulder, inviting him to have a chat alone, so they went to the cafeteria to have a drink while chatting.

"I knew one of the cardiac specialists who had cured more than 500 cases of heart disorders in Seoul for the past 10 years. I suggest you take your mother to Seoul and I will immediately arrange the schedule of consultation for her!"