(ENG) Last Chapter - Lovely New Year Gift

"Death is not the end of life, like a tree that dies in winter, may the leaves will grow back in time. Today we will not say goodbye, because we will meet again, and until the time comes, may we all live happily, amen... " The priest closed the eulogy for Il Woo's funeral.

All those present who sent Il Woo's away were unable to hold back their tears, except Seung Hyun. He stood motionless staring at Il Woo's coffin which was slowly lowered.

The sun shone brightly that morning.

Singto was carrying Seung Eun who was crying, while Pha accompanied his father to sprinkle the flowers and the soil on the coffin following the instructions from the priest who led the ceremony. There was no sadness in Seung Hyun's face at all, he looked so calm while Pha was in tears.

After finished, people who mourned left the location one by one by wiping tears and hugging each other to say goodbye and condolences to the families.

Seung Hyun, Pha, and Singto were the last group who left the cemetery. They gave Il Woo a final tribute before turning around and walking towards the car waiting in the parking lot.

Pha whispered to Singto.

"I want to accompany my father home, I feel a little worried..."

"I understand."

Singto then walked into Pha's car and handed Seung Eun to Pha's mother who was waiting in the car, then asked Seung Hyun's secretary to take them back to the apartment first, while he followed after Pha.

Seung Hyun immediately closed his eyes as soon as he entered the car without realizing Singto and Pha who took over the driver's seat of his car. Two of them were also silent because they didn't want to disturb him

Once arrived home, a butler immediately opened the car door for Seung Hyun, and he immediately stepped into the house and went straight to his room.

Pha and Singto shortly followed him, both of them looked worried.

As soon as he entered his room, Seung Hyun froze by staring at the empty wheelchair in the middle of the room, then turned towards the couch and bed, then looked into the study room and bathroom, in the end, he returned again at the middle of the room and dropped to his knees in front of the empty wheelchair.

He can't hold back his tears anymore and cries sadly.

Pha and Singto watched him from in front of the door, both exchanging looks and did not dare to comment.

Seung Hyun let go of all the sorrow and forfeited toward a wheelchair where Il Woo usually sits and now was left empty.

He can still clearly remember Il Woo's shadow in every corner of the room smiling at him and talking to him.

Everything still feels so real, as if the death of Il Woo is just a dream. He hopes to wake up soon from the nightmare and see Il Woo still stay by his side.

After a while, Pha took the initiative to comfort his father.

He knelt beside the old man and slowly placed his hand on the old man's shoulder.

"If I am forced to take him to the hospice, maybe he still can live for a few months and more..." Seung Hyun sobbed. "But he refused and insisted on wanting to present the wedding for you and Singto..."

"I'm sorry...we didn't even have time to thank him, but I know, he did all of this for you..." said Pha. "Thank you, Pa..."

Seung Hyun was surprised when he heard Pha call him dad, he turned to his son and held him tightly. Both father and son were embracing and comforting each other.