(ENG) Chapter Six - The Secret

Singto and Pha sat next to each other in the third row from the front. The music of the song 'Kiss the Rain' closed that night's performance, and everyone seemed to be floating in a romantic feeling.

Singto focused his eyes on the piano without blinking and looked to enjoy the music so much. Even though he is not a music lover and has no experience attending concerts like this, the music produced by the pianist's fingers is somehow able to touch his soul.

Pha was drowning in his thoughts at the last minute of the show, thinking of the conversation with his father's lover from yesterday.

[Flashback]

"Seung Hyun is out at the moment, let's talk inside!" The old man invited Pha to enter the room and call room service to serve snacks and drinks.

"Cough...cough..."

"Are you not feeling well? Would you like to go to the hospital?" Pha looked worried.

"No need, this is an old disease..." said the old man. "Do you smoke?"

"No."

"Glad to hear that, if time can be returned, I will never touch the thing that is called a cigarette..." he smiled bitterly.

"Are you fine?" Pha asked curiously.

"When I was young I could finish three packs of cigarettes per day, for me, living without cigarettes is like...breathing without oxygen." He said the analogy. "Even now, I can't quit smoking completely, even though the doctor has announced that I have lung cancer and prohibited me from smoking ..."

Pha was shocked to hear that.

"Sorry..."

"It's okay, at least I've had enough happiness in my life...by snatching away other's happiness...maybe this is my karma ..."

"Well, this has nothing to do with karma, but disease arises from bad habits..."

"You're right." He laughed.

He then please Pha to have a snack.

"My marriage with Seung Hyun never got the blessing of our parents or anyone! We tried to support each other and worked together to build all of this, and of course, we don't have any children."

The old man continues. "I know you hate Seung Hyun for leaving you and your mom, but the fact you are the only son he has, so eventually all of his hard work and company will be passed to you..."

"Do you know that Director Kong wants to inherit his company?"

"Of course, we have discussed it together..." said the old man. "My life won't be long, Seung Hyun wants to give all his time to look after me, so he thinks of letting go of his entire company..."

"But I don't understand, doesn't he have any family, for example, siblings or nieces?"

"Not all blood bonds can be called family ..." said the old man. "Especially Seung Hyun's family, when he needed support, one by one of his family members left him, cursed and berated him, then after he became successful they came back and pretended to care for him while stabbing each other back for inheritance purposes because they thought Seung Hyun didn't have any child..."

Pha responded by laughing.

"He left me and my mother when we needed him the most, and then now he suddenly came back and was thinking to buy the time and our pride using money, doesn't that sound so selfish?" Asked Pha.