chapter 24

I rushed home and sprinted to my room, searching through my closet I found a black waitressy dress. The dress was strapless and had a sweat heart neck line with a grey thick ribbon under the bust, that went into a bow. The dress hugged my body and did wonders for my small figure. I dug deep looking for my tall black high heels, once I found those, I looked at my hair... Messy as always, I quickly looked at the clock realizing I had 2 hours. I turned on my big curling iron that makes my hair slightly curly but wavy. Then looked at my jewellery...

I spent an hour on my hair creating a master piece on my head. After applying black smoky eye shadow and all that jazz, I applied bright red lip stick. I was one of those people who had flawless skin that had no need for foundation. Putting the dress on the bed with the shoes on the floor my stomach growled, might as well eat a little something so I'm not starving.

Moving swiftly down the stairs humming a new song called scarecrow by my chemical romance, I heard it today, I must remind my self to look them up later. Moving to the fridge, I took out an apple bitting in to it, I took a look at the lip stick on the rim of the bite, it reminded me of when Austin first marked me. Blackness took over.

Laurel (Austin's moms) pov.

I walked up the stair to see how Austin was doing.

"Austin ho..." He was laying motionless on the floor, running over to him I could tell he was still breathing. Calling his father up into his room, he could only think of one reason. Caroline is a royal.

Caroline's pov

Waking up on the floor, my head was spinning. The events came back to me, looking at the clock, I was in shock it was 6 am the next day. Austin's going to kill me for missing our date. Quickly running over to the pack house, I was greeted with so many hellos and other things and problems. I kept dismissing them as I was in an urgent mode to see Austin. I reached his room, Him and his mother were hugging, he looked like he just woke up.

"Austin.. I'm so sorry...I don't know what happened. I just... passed out getting ready for our date I dont know what hap..." His father cut me off.

"It wasn't your fault, this always happens with royals." Of corse I had no idea what he was talking about. I moved closer to Austin when my shoulder began to kill. Since I was young I had had a "birth mark" my mom used to call it. It was very detailed, when I moved my shirt off of it, it began to glow. I fell to the floor, I looked up to find Austin in the same pain. We soon got pulled toward each other so our shoulders were touching. Mrs and Mr Ambridge quickly left as spark came from our touching shoulders. The pain was unbearable, wave of light became filling the room pulsing from our shoulder. The light stopped, and Austin fell unconscious beside me. His shirt was burn't, so I assumed mine was too, looking over my shoulder, I was correct, it was black, frayed, and bloody? I used all my strength to get Austin in a sitting position. I did when he woke up, I examined his back to find the mark that I have. He looked at me.

"I guess we are even." He said to me out of breath and looking tired. That sucked a lot of his energy out, while I was thriving.

"Ya I guess so." He hugged me, I steadied him as he got up. I brought him into the bathroom to get washed up, Looking around his room, I was surprised nothing was destroyed. Washing off the black residue off my shoulder, I noticed how defined it became. Taking Austin's hand as he grew stronger, we headed down stairs to talk this over with his parents.

"So how did everything hold up?" Laurel asked as we came down the stairs. Was that really what she was interested in, the room? Making our way the table, "Ya mom everything's fine." Austin smiled.

"How are you two doing?" Austin's father asked, finally some one who cares.

"We are doing great... He's a little tired but the pains gone." I smiled and he returned it. My turn to ask questions.

"What is a royal and why did you say that when I came in?" They sighed. "Caroline you are a royal, you are stronger then a lot of werewolves you have the best blood any one could have. You thought that an male alpha is strong, but you are stronger then three, faster then a pack of them, your senses are stronger. In every possible way you are stronger, and that mark shows it." That still doesn't answer what just happened to Austin and me.

"What about what just happened?" He looked at me, taking another sip of his coffee that I didn't notice he had.

"When you two mated you became bonded and for a royal to really bond to her or his mate they need to give their mate the mark, thats what just happened its a very painful process but a quick process." I took there at the news how I and Austin have become stronger together, he continued.

"All though Caroline you are still stronger then him but you gave him some of your strength. So be happy you two are the most powerful alphas in the county." I smiled, our pups will be strong and so will our pack, Austin tapped my shoulder smiling. I knew he read my thoughts about our pups. Talk about an interesting day.