Chapter 6: Breakfast (Edited)

(Edited Version)

Ahri woke up at dawn. She opened her sleepy eyes and turned her head to the place where Jeffric was sleeping. Her sleepiness abandoned her when she saw an unbelievable sight.

Streams of life essence were surrounding the sleeping boy, seeping into him as if he were a sponge imported from Bilgewater. They were coming into the cave through the entrance, producing a trail of blue light. The blue glow of the life essence in the dark cave looked beautiful and mysterious at the same time, giving off a sense of etherealism.

Ahri slowly stood up and approached cautiously, looking at the life essence that was swirling around the boy like mist.

She moved her hand cautiously toward the floating essence and touched it. Strangely, it felt as if she were touching water vapor.

She leaned closer and the life essence started to pour into her. The pleasurable sensation overwhelmed her, and she saw bits and pieces of memories in her mind, all flying past too quickly for her to grasp what they were. She leaned back after few seconds of indulging in the sensation and looked at the boy curiously.

"What is happening to him?" Ahri asked herself silently. She'd lived for a long time, but she never had seen a situation like this before. 'A boy who could absorb life essence . . .'

Then a thought struck her.

'What if this boy could do magic?'

Ahri thought about that possibility for a moment. Then it was interrupted when she heard growling from the boy's stomach.

"You must be hungry," Ahri said to the sleeping boy, who of course, didn't answer.

So, Ahri went out of the cave and ventured through the forest to hunt for animals. She sniffed the air and smelled a wild boar nearby. She silently ran through the bushes, tracking down the boar.

After running for some minutes, she found a medium-sized boar sleeping between two tall trees. She silently approached the creature, summoning a sphere of blue energy in her palm.

As if sensing danger, the boar suddenly woke up and, when it saw Ahri, charged directly at her, grunting with anger.

Ahri threw the sphere of energy at the charging boar, which went through it and flew back into her hand.

The boar squealed with pain and staggered backward. Before it could do anything, Ahri summoned the three flames with the flick of her wrist as she twirled around. The three spinning flames streaked through the air and engulfed the wild boar.

It squealed for a moment, writhing in agony until it fell sideways. It didn't move.

Ahri approached the now dead-boar quickly and looked down at it. It was burnt pretty badly, but good enough to eat.

She grabbed the dead wild boar's hind legs and started to drag it toward the direction where the cave was.

"One dead boar coming right up!" Ahri said in amusement.

||||||

I woke up feeling really refreshed. Looking around after stretching my arms into the air, I saw that Ahri was gone.

'Where did she go?'

Suddenly, Ahri entered the cave while dragging a dead boar behind her.

"Here's breakfast!" Ahri said cheerfully while dropping the boar's hind legs.

I stared at her. Then I stared down at the boar. Its fur was burnt badly, exposing burnt flesh.

"How?" I finally asked her in bewilderment.