Special Episode: 5

It was almost nighttime. I was lying on my bed, my stomach pressed on the pillow. I was drawing something by using the drawing tablet and the laptop that Ahri had given me for Christmas.

I'd been practicing using the drawing tablet and read the guidebook on how to use it whenever I'd spare time, which was plenty. At first, I was bad at it. But soon, after practice after practice without giving up, I could finally draw like a normal webtoon artist.

Now, I was trying to draw Ahri, and I wanted it to be perfect. But every time I tried, it didn't look perfect to me.

So, I decided to take a break and read some news or something like that to cool myself down. I turned on Naver and scrolled down the menu to see any interesting news.

Then I clicked one and saw that it was a video, so I played it.

"Today at Seoul, a kidnapping almost happened," the news anchor said, then the video showed me a sidewalk and an expensive-looking dark car that was parked next to it. It was shot by a smartphone, and it was filming a girl with blond hair. She looked like a foreigner that goes to an international school. Then, suddenly, when the girl was passing by the car, the driver's door opened, and a pair of clawed hands grabbed the girl and dragged her in. And, when the girl started to scream, the right hand shut the door.

The person recording the video ran toward the car as if they were shocked.

"Demacia!" the girl's shout came out of the car faintly, and a second later, a beam of white light blasted out of the side of it.

"The person who'd tried to kidnap the student was nonother than Vladimir, the eldest son of CEO of a famous foreign company."

A picture of a guy with long blond hair, wearing a long red robe-like jacket, and claws attached to his fingers was shown on the screen.

That was when I heard the bell ring.

"Who might that be?" I asked myself while turning off the page. I heard Ahri opening the front door and greeting happily the person who rang the doorbell. After a moment, I realized that multiple people entered the apartment.

After I turned off the laptop and the drawing pad, I stood up from my bed and walked up to my room's door.

When I opened the door and walked out, I froze as my eyes grew wide in shock when I saw who had entered the apartment.

Sitting on the sofa and the floor of the living room were the rest of the members of the K/DA: Akali, Kai'Sa, and Evelynn.

My mouth dropped open, trying to say something, but nothing came out.

"Hi, Jeffric," Ahri greeted me with a smile. She was sitting on the right side of the sofa.

"Hey, Ahri," Akali said while studying me with an amused smile on her face. "He really looks like a girl than he did in the picture you showed me . . . are you sure he's a boy?"

"Uhh . . . he is a boy," Ahri answered.

"Well, since he's become nineteen, I guess we should call him a man," Evelynn said while glancing at me sideways.

"He's really beautiful," Kai'Sa complimented, studying my face as her eyes sparkled.

"Umm . . . hi!" I said, trying to stay calm, but my voice shook a bit. "Nice t-t-t-to meet you all."

I couldn't believe it. I was staring at the rest of the members of K/DA. Yes, I lived in the apartment of the lead singer of the K/DA, but it still shocked me when I saw the rest of them.

'But most importantly,' I thought in confusion. 'What're they doing here?'

"Hmm . . ." Akali said, still studying me. "He sounds like those male anime protagonists who have voices that could fit a female anime character."