Therapy

Dear readers.

I'm sorry that this isn't a chapter that continues the story of the Special Episodes. For months I've dealt with some tough things, making me lose my will to continue writing the current story arc and I've started writing this some months ago whenever I'd the time, just a long ramble of words to comfort myself. This was supposed to be something that I've written for myself, but I decided to upload this because I haven't updated this fanfic for months. After some weeks of making grammatical corrections, I was finally able to finish this.

I've found my will to continue the story arc again, so you don't have to worry. But updates will be slow because my life is getting complicated as time passes by.

Thank you for your support. I'm happy that you're all always here.

*

It was Friday, 10 PM. In an apartment, a woman in a white T-shirt and a pair of long pants was sitting on her sofa in the living room, surfing the internet for her enjoyment. She was having a good time until noises started coming from the upper floor. They were sounds of a man and a woman talking with each other in raised voices.

The woman stared up at the ceiling in annoyance while sighing heavily in frustration. She could make out words like 'idiot' or 'useless' or 'empty-headed', and the rest was unintelligible.

"Again?" She complained, pressing both of her hands on her fox ears to smother the noises, her nine fox tails swaying wildly behind her. Her pair of fox-like golden eyes glared at the ceiling as if trying to bore through it. "This is like the third time this week!"

The woman then picked up a pair of earphones lying on the ground beside her sofa, connected it with the laptop, inserted the earphone buds into her fox ears, turned on a piece of hour-long music on youtube, and continued doing what she was doing.

When it became midnight, she put away her laptop, turned off the living room lights, went to her room covered in darkness, and then jumped at her bed, landing on it while making a purring noise. She then got under the cover, covering from her feet to neck. She pressed her head onto her soft pillow and closed her eyes, her nine foxtails winding around her legs.

"Good night . . ." She whispered to no one in particular.

The woman was just about to drift into sleep when a small sound caught her ears. Her fox ears twitched slightly as they received the sounds, which came from right above her, past the ceiling. They were so faint that she didn't know what she was hearing.

She groaned as her eyes snapped open in irritation.

Well, there goes my sleep, she thought gloomily and then concentrated her ears to make out what those sounds were.

A moment later, she finally realized what they were.

They were the sounds of someone sobbing.

Blinking several times, she stared up at the ceiling, still listening to the sounds of the sobbing. They were miserable and depressing as if the person making the sounds were finally sobbing after holding back the urges to sob for a long time. Those sounds trickled through her ears and into her heart like rainwater, making her feel sad for whoever the person was.

She could tell that the person was a male, a young one perhaps.

I wonder why he is sobbing, the woman thought, the curiosity starting to grow inside like the sounds filling her heart, making it ache. Maybe he is having a nightmare?

Then she remembered the raised voices a few hours before that too came from the upper floor. Maybe . . . it's related to that?

Rubbing her cheek thoughtfully, she finally made a decision.