Chapter 17: Graduation

Today was an exciting day for everyone. Today was the day that declared the end of the child era of everyone's lives and began the adult era. Peridot took my hand and kissed it. She looked good in blue, and the graduation cap on her head only made her that much taller than me. I looked up at her with an excited smile. We had been waiting for this. The moment we got out of school, we would be off to make wedding plans. That was, of course, after we were to be jumped by Yellow with another party. It was practically inevitable. A day as special as this would not pass without one of her parties.

"Are you ready?" Peridot asked.

"More than I'll ever be," I answered.

"You sure you'll be able to walk across stage?" Peridot asked.

"I think I'll be able to handle it," I answered. "You don't think I'm that bad, do you, you big dork?"

I grabbed the string on her cap and pulled her towards me, kissing her.

"Stop tempting me already," Peridot said.

"I can't help that you look so cute," I replied.

Peridot's phone went off from inside of her pocket. She took it out, and her face immediately turned white. She growled under her breath so quietly that I could barely recognize it as a growl.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"They're all here," Peridot answered.

She turned her phone screen towards me, and, sure enough, there was a picture of all of the werewolves. They had all come to join us. Peridot rolled her eyes and stuffed her phone back into her pocket. She was clearly angry.

"What's so bad about that?" I asked.

"They're going to embarrass us," Peridot answered. "When we walk onstage."

"How are they going to embarrass us?" I asked.

Peridot sighed. "You'll see," she said.

"It will be quick, won't it?" I asked. "Will this ceremony be quick?"

"If people hurry their asses up, sure," Peridot answered.

"You don't like slow, do you?" I asked.

"I'm faster than a speeding car," Peridot answered. "Slowness is down there with the vampires."

"You know," I said.

"What?" Peridot asked, looking at me.

"I'm really craving chicken," I said. "Like, really craving it."

"That's the most normal craving you've had yet," Peridot responded.

"It's not my fault that the baby likes sugar," I said.

"Sugar is normal," Peridot replied. "But syrup on spaghetti is not."

"Why is that everyone's go-to pregnancy craving when they're talking about me?!" I cried.

"Because it's the least normal craving you've had," Peridot answered.

"I don't think the baby would approve of all of you talking like this," I said.

"I don't think the baby would understand what we're talking about for a long while," Peridot replied.

I gently rubbed my stomach, which was slightly more hidden with the long blue gown I was wearing. I wished I could feel her. I wanted to feel her little feet. She wouldn't be strong enough for a while. Part of me wondered, if she were indeed a werewolf, if that could come earlier in my pregnancy, but Peridot and Yellow had told me many times that werewolf pregnancy was just like human pregnancy. The only thing that was different was the baby itself, and there weren't really noticeable differences without the use of technology until birth. If the baby was a werewolf, she would be born very warm. I would feel cool to her.