Chapter 14: Time

Dad and I walked into the house. Dad was holding a pot with a cactus in his hands, and made sure I went in first before following me.

"Hey, Yellow," he said. "I got that cactus you wanted."

"Thank you," Yellow replied, watching as he placed it on the counter. "It's raining again."

"It's been raining nearly every day since the begining of the month," Dad said. "A lot more rain than we usually get, but that's how April is anyway."

"Oh, Lapis!" Yellow exclaimed. "How are things?"

"I still have morning sickness," I answered. "But it's getting better."

"Good," Yellow said. "Peridot! Lapis is here!"

I heard Peridot jump down the stairs and run towards the kitchen. She wrapped her arms around me and kissed me all over my face. I began to laugh.

"Peri!" I exclaimed.

"Lapis!" Peridot replied. She looked down and gasped. "She's getting so big!"

"Sh-she is?!" I asked. "Is it noticeable?!"

"Why are you so worried?" Peridot responded.

"I-I don't want people to notice," I answered.

"Ah," Peridot said. "Are you excited for her?"

"Yeah," I answered. "I can tell you are."

"She's gonna be our beautiful little baby girl," Peridot said. "Of course I'm excited."

"Alright," Dad said, walking up to me. "I have some work things to take care of. You're gonna stay here with Peridot and Yellow, alright, honey?"

"Okay," I replied.

Dad kissed my forehead and walked away. As soon as he closed the front door, Yellow walked next to us.

"You two know the rules, don't you?" She asked.

"Definitely," Peridot answered. "We learned the hard way."

"I admit," Yellow said. "You've been good for these first two months. You've taken good care of each other. Keep up the good work."

"We will," Peridot replied. "I don't want two kids. Definitely not two."

"You're not the only one worried," I said.

"Okay, I just don't want to have to go all the way back to square one," Peridot replied. "I don't want you to be taken from me again."

"I don't want to be taken either," I said.

"What do you wanna do?" Peridot asked.

"Whatever you do, it's under my supervision," Yellow responded.

"We know," Peridot growled. "We don't need to be reminded a thousand times."

"I'm just looking out for you two," Yellow said. "This is the first time Larimar has even let Lapis out of his sight since she got pregnant."

"I guess that's true," Peridot replied. "Can we watch a movie?"

"Of course you can," Yellow answered. "Do you two want anything to eat while you watch?"

"Maybe some ice cream," Peridot said.

"Chocolate?" Yellow asked.

"Yes, please," Peridot answered. "How about you, Lapis?"

"I'll take chocolate too," I responded.

"Let's go pick a movie," Peridot said.

We walked across the room to a shelf full of movies. Peridot flipped through each of the movies and pulled one of the shelf.