186. Applause

January 3, 2018

"Write about giving someone a standing ovation"

___________________________

A standing ovation?

To every artist out there, wannabe, amateur or professional, willing or unwilling, it does not matter. Your art form also does not matter to me, for art, be it writing, painting, singing, dancing, playing instruments or a game, or even something accepted as mundane making clay pots or baking bread, it could be anything but it is art if you put in your heart into it. It is art if you rip your soul apart and plant a tiny sliver into what you you. It is art even you give it all, your time, your effort even the breath you take. It is art for you make it with a passion, with an intent to finish it.

And it is courageous for you would do it, even if no one appreciates it. It is bravery for you bare your heart and soul and allow yourself to be cut to ribbons by cruel criticism. It is gut wrenching agony to have your creation ripped apart. And it is daring that you will still do it, again and all over again, every day. For when you do that, it shows that you are driven by a passion few can understand and that makes you an artist.

And every artist deserves a standing ovation.

_______________________________

Word count - 234