197. Pirate Ship

January 14, 2019

"Write about a pirate ship."

___________________________

There is nothing romantic about pirate ships, Pirates of Caribbean included. I know, I know, I myself am guilty of watching those movies (but somehow I am not enamoured by any one movie of the whole series - I mean they look like a bunch of stinky smelly slobs to me). And this is not talking about those slew of pirate romance books, where pirating had been give a 'Robin Hood' aura and the captain is a lord or something equally royal, who has taken up pirating to pay off his debts (hence he loots ships of other countries so is considered patriotic too, as long as he pays the kingdom his dues - that is one load of moral bullshit) and who somehow the hapless stranded heroine, running away for valid reasons ( do not ask what those reasons are, they could be anything to the name of the intended groom to the idea that the heroine wants to be self independent. I guess running into the arms of a pirate is as independent as it gets). 

Pirates are thieves and murderers, there are no two ways about it. Instead of using horses and stage coaches, they use the ships and seas. The intent and greed is the same, to loot and take away what is not theirs. And that act makes them thieves.

__________________________

Word count 225