213. Schedule

January 30, 2019

"Take a look at your calendar and use the schedule for inspiration in writing."

___________________________________

Not very inspiring. Or maybe it is. For my calendar, which is quite blank is akin to a blank canvas, an empty page and I can start anything I want. 

Oh, I would love to be organised, have a strict timetable and then stick to it, however I have learnt that it does not work very well, it only adds on to the stress. On the other hand, not planning it out or not having a schedule does not work either, we just end up wasting time. Procrastinating, thinking that I have all the time in the world when all I have is a deadline.

I think it is better, it works for me, at least, to have a broad timeline and then have the freedom to work towards it - like updating a story once a week (I am regular half the time, a couple of days late a few times and absolutely tardy on occasions - overall, I do manage to stick to it around sixty five percent of the time, so I guess it works.) The advantage is that if something unexpected props up you can be flexible to meet the challenge. On the other hand, you might steal some time to read a novel or simply relax, which could be good too, never know when you would start a new thing.

____________________________

Word count 225