285. Repeat

October 2, 2019

"Write about a time when you've had to repeat yourself or a time when it felt like no one was listening."

______________________________________

I rush into the room, excited to share my new discovery. It was not new nor was it a discovery, but then I had been thinking, pondering over it for the past three weeks, searching for the perfect design for my ever pending crochet pattern. After hours of searching the net, I had finally found the pattern which was easy yet the finished product was elegant. A total win win situation.

Unfortunately, my family did not share my enthusiasm, my mother was busy on the phone talking with my uncle, my brother was in a meeting and my nephew, well, he was interested in sharing what he had learnt in school that day. 

And after almost a dozen interruptions, when I managed to get out my bursting news, only to be met by blank disinterested faces. My sweet nephew did hear me out, though he did not understand anything. 

My enthusiasm, which had been bubbling was subdued. And my design, the yarn is still sitting in my collection, waiting to be crocheted. 

Someday, I shall get around to doing it. Someday....

_____________________________________________

Word count - 178