234. Underwater

"February 20, 2019

"Write about sea creatures and under water life. What's under the surface of the ocean? What adventures might be waiting?"

__________________________________

There is a whole world under the sea, an universe beneath the ocean. An underwater flora and fauna that is beyond human imagination, floating over the green sand and swirling in the blue green waters. 

The colours are vivid and bright, shimmering in the wavering waters, brilliant yellows, fluorescent pinks, glinting green. Miles and miles of coral trees. Oyster shells hiding pearls being spun. Hermit crabs residing in abandoned shells. 

The gigantic whales, warm blooded mammals that the completely the creatures of the sea, clicking and singing to each other. Dolphins and porpoises, are magical creations, friendly and sweet. Large sharks, with sharp teeth, sensitive to blood. The slow moving monstrous turtles, the eight legged or rather tentacled octopus, the squids and the starfish. The sea horse, that appears to be mythical and anemones that look like flowers. Walrus with mustaches and seals that are cute.

Then there are the deep sea creatures, those that live below the photic zone of the ocean. These creatures must survive in extremely harsh conditions, such as hundreds of bars of pressure, small amounts of oxygen, very little food, no sunlight, and constant, extreme cold.

The ocean is home to the beautiful and the bizarre, the harmless and the horrifying, the unique to unbelievable. And yet, these brave beautiful creatures, apart from the predators that nature has designed, have one common enemy - Man.