196. Neighbourhood

January 13, 2019

"Write about your favorite place in your neighborhood to visit and hang out at."

________________________________________

My favourite haunt, do not laugh, it would be the local supermarket. There is something in pushing the basket in front of you and browsing the alleys, more than half the time I do not even buy any of that stuff, but I like checking them out, the mind boggling array of soaps, washes, creams, biscuits, spice mixes and ready to eat food packages; the variety drives me crazy and at times I wonder if there really are any buyers for that stuff but I guess there are, for the stocks do get replenished regularly. 

So I stroll down the skin care aisle (the colours of the washes, creams and soaps are pretty but I stick to the brand I use, so not much of experimenting for me) then over to the fast food (cornflakes, cereals, milks, spreads, jams, breads, biscuits, chocolates and candies - again a spread, tempting at times) then the home stuff (dusters, door mats, plastic and steel utensils, jugs, baskets, bottles and jars), over to the food grain section (I never knew that rice and millets could be of so many types and I am not going to list the bifurcation between the organic and the un-organic item, I half think the only difference is in the pricing) finally to the vegetables and fruits section.

Once done, I will exit, having picked up a packet of milk or maybe a single vegetable, which would be reason I had to visit the supermarket. Today is a holiday (which is why I am making up for the days I missed) so maybe I can make a visit to the supermarket, though I am not sure what I could buy. Who cares, they do not object to me strolling down their aisles.

____________________________

Word count 292