289. Making a Choice

October 1, 2019

"Write about a time when you had to make a difficult choice."

__________________________________________

This is easy and hard, for every day is a choice, every thing is a choice, if one sees it carefully. To get out of bed, or snuggle in till the alarm rings again? To snooze or go out for the daily run? What to wear? What to cook for breakfast? Do I have time to eat before I rush out? The list is endless. 

But then these are routine choices, so routine so as to be considered as mere rhetorical questions rather than ones to be thought through and carefully chosen. Choices would be those which could significantly alter the course of your life or have an impact on your relations. And yes, all of us do face many choices, some which can be made in leisure and some which would have to be done at a moment's notice.

Currently, I am facing one which would impact this book, should I continue or give up, seeing that there has been a gap of more than five months and the challenge which should have been completed in 365 days is overdue by three months? I almost gave it up, choosing to continue was tougher than the gnawing feeling of having quit. 

But then I mulled it over, it is better late than never, and it was precisely this tiny voice 'it is too late; you have already missed the deadline so what does it matter'  that caused my procrastination.

I make my choice - it is indeed fortituous  that the prompt also dealt with choice - I will continue. Hopefully, I can complete this by this year end.

__________________________________________

Word count: 250