217. Waterfall

February 3, 2019

"Think of a waterfall you've seen in person or spend some time browsing photos of waterfalls online. Write about the movement, flow, and energy."

__________________________________________

It was in Meghalaya, ('land of clouds, and indeed it is one), when I had gone on a site visit for the company I was then auditing. On returning from the site, we stopped by the road (long, narrow, winding ones, where the clouds play peek a boo with the sun and the valleys are half brightly lit and half hidden in the mists. There was a stair case cut into the rock face, seventy five steps, irregular, bumpy and damp too. The climb leaves you slightly winded but is worth every minute for it lets you reach the edge of a river (or a large stream).

You can carefully wade in to the centre and watch the marvel, shallow foaming water behind you, which a few feet ahead plunges into the earth with a faint roar and mighty froth. The change from a gently flowing water to a hurtling water wall is astonishing, though expected for a river flowing through rocks. The roar is not too loud to hurt your ears, and you can sit on the rocks, with your feet in the clear water, touching the rocky bottom and hear the sound of the water - flowing, gushing and falling.

An odd music yet an unforgettable experience.

____________________________________________

Word count 209.