Times Change And So Do People

HAPPY (SUPER late) BIRTHDAY SHOTO TODOROKI!!! uwu
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

——————————————————————

I was walking back home, clutching my growling stomach with one of my hands since I had given my dinner to the boy from earlier. Out of nowhere, I spotted a fight from the corner of my eye.

Upon closer inspection, I saw a group of people were beginning to crowd around them, so I assumed that it was a pro hero against some villain. Getting curious, I walked towards the crowd and stared at the scene in shock.

There was kid around my age or so being beat senseless by the hero. Everyone cheered the hero on even though they had no context as to why he was hurting the child, or maybe they did, but either way it was sickening to watch. I didn't acquire any satisfaction from looking at him being defeated nor the hero winning. In disgust, I walked away; guilt gnawing at me.

Two kids ran past me, one held a strange bunny mask in his hand but dropped it as he bumped into me.

"Sorry mister!" He quickly apologized, running towards the scene laughing with what I assumed was his friend.

"Hurry! Hurry!" The other called.

I picked up the mask from the wet floor, holding it in my hands as I examined the simple design.

"Huh..." I paused. "Is this fate?" I mumbled to myself as I adjusted it around my head.

Tick.

I sprinted back to the scene, splashing through puddles left behind from the rain.

The villain was almost defeated by the hero.

I threw my umbrella to the side  as I pushed my way through the crowd and catching up to them.

I ran up a flight of stairs on the side of a building which I think were called a 'fire-escape'.

Tock.

There was a can of spray paint half empty just laying around. I shook it and sprayed a little in the air to see if there still was some left.

The can made a satisfying spraying sound making a smile creep up my face.

I had a plan.

Tick.

I jumped down onto the ground, causing people to gasp and murmur under their breath.

"Let him go." I said as standing up, my mask muffling my voice.

The hero glared at me. "And why would I do that?"

Tock.

"Because you're dumb." I stated, tilting my head. It was a terrible answer, but I had no time for a chit-chat. "Listen up everyone!" I yelled at the citizens crowded around.

"Is this the type of hero you all follow?!" I pointed at the bulky man hovering over the hurt boy. "They're here only for the fame and glory not just to save you! All their means are selfish!"

People started to boo and yell offensive things at me, some even still cheered for the 'hero', causing me to frown under the mask.

"I guess that's how it is then, huh?" I murmured. "Very well then."

I pretended to walk away from them in defeat. The hero held the kid in a chokehold while he laughed at me.

"What sort of villain are you?! All bark no bite!" The rest laughed along him. He poined over with his free hand. "H-Hey! Hey! I'll even go easy on you! I promise! I won't even use my quirk just to get these people to watch a good show before I end this."