-seven-

(During the REKT shoot)

Paul's POV: 

I needed Pat's help urgently and I knew he was shooting REKT but when I went to enter the studio, I heard (Y/N) and couldn't bring myself to go in. I went to Matt and told him I needed to talk with him so he stopped working and told me to sit.

"So how's things going with the shared office?"

"Good but (Y/N) is kinda the reason I'm here."

"Oh? Go ahead!" 

"So she used to have a boyfriend right?"

"Where are you going with this?"

"Just tell me about him...please?"

"Well, it's quite the story so get settled. So about four years ago our precious (Y/N) goes to college and her life is going great. Her second semester freshman year, she meets Jax. At first he was chill and I liked him and so did our family. Their second year goes by and they're happily dating and everything is good. Then then reach their third year and Jax's dad died. (N/N) tried to be there for him but he turned her away. Eventually she stopped trying and told him to take the time he needed and one day he came to the house and her and I were just hanging out and I was helping her study. I let him in and he asked to talk to her so I let him and when he walked out of her room, he looked really angry. (Y/N) came out after she heard the door slam and she had a hand print on her face. He had slapped her then left. She didn't want to end it yet but I told her if he did it again to end it, but she didn't. He just got worse and worse and only I knew, but I didn't do anything in hopes that she would end it. She would call me crying about some of the stuff he'd do to her while she was away. One day the calls stopped and I didn't hear from her until last week when she told me she was moving into a small house around here. I didn't bring up Jax but everyday she was with him, it pained me to even talk to her for fear she would just give up. It was scary."

"Wow" was all I could muster to say. 

"Yeah, so for starters you CANNOT tell anyone I told you that!"

"I swear on my life!" 

"Okay good. Now why did you want to know?"

"I want to ask your sister out, if it's okay with you and Joey. I know you two can get protective of her."

"Tell you what, I'll take her to lunch and find out if she's ready for another boyfriend. You're a good guy Paul and I don't want your relationship with her to be ruined because of a question. I'll also talk to Joey but as far as I'm concerned, you're all set brother!"

"Matt, I appreciate it so much!" 

"Oh and Paul?" Matt says, stopping me before I leave.

"Yea Matt?"

"I appreciate that you care about (Y/N)"

"It's the least I can do, someone has to watch over her when her brothers aren't around."

Matt gives me a smile and I go back to orange base and hang out with Connor in the main area while I wait for the REKT shoot to get done. When it does everyone comes walking out and (Y/N), Gunner and Woods are soaked in water. 

"Tanner, you didn't have to soak us AND the audio equipment during the shoot!" she says to Tanner laughing. 

"It's more fun that way! Besides, you can change!" 

"Yeah, I have to anyways. Matt wants to go get lunch and I'm supposed to go film with Joey for Team Edge since Bryan is sick but I don't know what we're doing"

"I heard Bobby say something about Edgeland"

"Yikes, I'm not looking forward to that!"

They're voices were lost as they went down the hall. I finished my conversation with Connor then head towards my office hoping to catch her before she left, but I was too late. She left with a smile and I entered with a sigh.