--twelve--

Matt came up from behind us and he hugged me. 

"Happy birthday sis! We love ya kiddo!"

"Matt you know I don't like my birthday, why?"

"This is your first birthday with a family who cares." He leans in to whisper, "a birthday without some jerk."

"Matt can we please not?"

"Sure! Besides, go have some fun."

I nod and Paul and I go separate ways, him going over with Tanner and Connor while I go over to Joey, Sarah and Bryan. 

"Happy birthday kiddo!" Joey says giving me a hug. 

"Thanks bro. Hey Sarah!" I say giving her a hug. 

"Happy birthday kid. Haven't seen you in quite awhile."

"Yea, school had me busy but now here I am."

"I'm proud of you! I'm sure the girls are around here somewhere. They've been dying to see you."

"I'm sure, I'll be sure to keep an eye out as I make my rounds."

"See you around!" she says as I walk around to look for the girls. 

I find Gunner and Woods and ask if they've seen Luna, Isabella, Lucia and Ariana. Gunner says something about four small children running around the halls playing tag. I thank him and go into the front area but only see Paul and Tanner. I'm about to walk over to ask if they've seen the girls when I'm tackled onto a bean bag by four small kids. 

"Hey girls!" 

"Aunt (Y/N)!" 

They all start to jump on me and I laugh to the point where I'm crying and the girls start to tickle me which makes me laugh even more. They stop for a minute so I take this as a chance to get up and run. They all start chasing me and I hide from them but when I hear Matt helping them, I laugh and they all find me. 

"Get her!" Matt yells as he holds me down so the girls can tickle me.