--fourteen--

(Y/N)'s POV:

Once settled back in at the office, Matt texts me that I should explain why my birthday isn't really my favorite to Paul and Tanner since he knows I told Paul about my birthday not being all that great.

"Tanner!"

He pops in the door, "yes?"

"Come in and close the door please. I have to talk to you guys about something."

Tanner shuts the door and sits down in a chair next to Paul.

"Okay so I told Paul this before but my birthday isn't really my favorite. When I turned twenty, I was dating Jax and well instead of making plans with him, I went out with Matt and Joey. The next morning he asked me to come over and so I did and when I got there, he locked the door and he wouldn't let me leave. He knocked me unconscious after we had a fight then he popped all my tires. When I woke up he was knocked out so I left and I drove as far as I could before I called Matt and told him I needed a tow truck or a ride or anything. This kinda ruined my birthday even though it didn't happen on my birthday because every year the memory comes back."

Paul and Tanner just look at me and I glance at the clock. It's five after six and it's time for me to go home. I wait for any sort of response and when there is none, I grab my phone, Paul's hoodie and my charger then I stand.

"See you boys Monday" I say before walking out.

I get to my truck and leave before anyone can stop me and once I'm a safe distance away, I pull into an abandoned parking lot and I just sit there staring into the distance. I look over at the pile of presents crowing the other seat and I grab the one closet to me.

It's from Gunner.

I unwrap it and I see that it's a picture in a frame from the first shoot I did at Hi5. It's when I was putting the weight in Wood's bucket and everyone was laughing. I smile then take out my phone and text Gunner.

Y: Thanks for the picture, I appreciate the thought.

G: Anytime, glad you like it

I grab the next and see it's from Corey. I unwrap it and it's a orange Team Edge shirt like Matt's and Joey's but my name is on it. I smile and shoot him a thank you message.

After I put the shirt down, I start my truck and drive home. When I get home, I carry all the bags and small packages inside and set them down in my living room. Once everything is all inside, I start to open stuff. I get a new pair of sunglasses from Ashley, I get a picture of Bobby and I from when I was graduating senior year in a frame from him. Joey and Bryan got me earrings. Everyone got me something unique and I get down to Tanner's present.

I carefully unwrap it and open up the hoodie to fully look at it. The top left has my name embroidered into it. Down the left sleeve is written 'REKT' and the right sleeve has 'BU' on it. I turn it around and on the back is a signature of every current member at Hi5. I'm about to call Tanner when there's a knock on the door. I lay the hoodie down and go to answer the door.

"Hey there pretty thing!" Paul says in a southern accent making me laugh.

"Can I help you?"

"Wow someone's in a mood" Tanner says laughing.

"Come in boys!"

"Looks like someone got a lot of stuff for her birthday!" Tanner says looking around my living room.

"Yeah, I got this really cool hoodie from this guy at the studio. I think his name is Tan Man Chan or something like that."

"You're welcome."

"So what brings you two to mi casa?"

"We can't just show up?"

I glare at Paul and he throws his hand up like he's surrendering.

"I actually have your last present, I couldn't pick it out in time so I thought I'd bring it over now."

He hands me a small box and I carefully unwrap it and open the box to reveal a necklace. It's a small heart and engraved into it is 'P+(your first initial)' and on the back it reads: forever.

"Paul, it's beautiful"

"Just like the girl I bought it for!"

I put it on and Paul smiles.

"Well I guess you guys are here we could watch a movie or two" I suggest.

"Sounds good to us!" Tanner says before Paul has the chance to speak.

We all go into my room and Tanner makes a little bed of blankets on my floor while Paul and I take the bed. I let Tanner pick the movie and he picks The Bee Movie.

"Tanner this movie is awful"

"Oh then I guess it's just like you!" he snaps back.

"Wow someone's in a mood" I say mocking him from before.

He gives me a glare and we watch the movie. Tanner and Paul fall asleep so I turn off the TV and I go outside for some air. I check the time and see that it's almost two in the morning. I sigh and lay down in the grass, looking up at the stars.