-thirteen-

Paul's POV: 

I was hanging with Connor and Tanner when Connor's girlfriend showed so he went to hang out with her. 

"Hey Tanner, can we go to the front for a little bit? I want your opinion on something."

"Yeah, what's up?"

As we walk to the front I pull out my phone and pull up some screenshots.

"So I want to get (Y/N) a necklace but I don't know which one. I need some help."

As I start swiping through the pictures I hear footsteps behind us so I turn and see (Y/N) but I also see four small children running at her. Tanner and I watch as she's tackled onto the beanbag. 

"Aunt (Y/N)!" they all yell. 

"That's so cute!" Tanner says to me. 

They all start to jump on her then they tickle her. When they stop, she jumps up and starts to book it for the back offices of the new Edge space. She runs into an office and hides from what we hear the little ones tell Matt and then they all start to search for her. 

"So anyways Tanner, I don't know if I should get her the one with her name on it or the heart with the P and the (first letter of your name) on it."

"I think the one with the P and the (first initial) on it is cute, I like that one."

"Like what one?" Matt asks coming back out from the hallway. 

"I wanted to get your sister a necklace."

I show Matt a picture of the one Tanner told me to get and his facial expression tells me that her approves. 

"She's gonna love it!" 

"Who's gonna love what?" she asks coming out from the back. 

"Where's the girls?" Matt questions her.

"Joey has them."

"Okay and nothing that concerns you!" Matt says before walking away. 

(Y/N) comes over and we talk for a little bit before Gunner and Woods come and blindfold her and walk her back to the warehouse. 

"Time for the cake smash?"

"Time for the cake smash."

Tanner and I trail behind them and when we get to the warehouse they put (Y/N) on an 'X' that was painted onto the floor before the party. Some of the REKT crew plus Matt, Joey, Bobby and I all pick up mini cakes and form a circle around her. 

"Wait! Take off Paul's sweatshirt!" Pat tells her. 

She listens and when Pat takes the hoodie and gives it to Corey. Whitney tells her to remove her blindfold and that's when we all throw cake at her. She laughs then glances at Matt and Joey before running up to them and giving them hugs. 

"Love you guys! Thanks everyone."

(Y/N) says something to Matt and he nods then they both leave. Matt comes in a few minutes later but she isn't with him so I go over to him. 

"Where's (N/N)?"

"She just went to the store across the street quick to get some new clothes since we kinda covered her in cake. I gave her some money." 

"Oh okay"

"Don't worry Paul, she'll be fine." 

I nod and go back over to the small group of Woods, Gunner, Corey, Pat and Tanner. We start to talk about future video ideas for vlogs and we each claim an idea. When we're done (Y/N) still isn't back and it's been at least half an hour. 

I look at Matt and he sees the worried look in my eyes but he seems to ignore it. I excuse myself from the group and I leave the new Edge space and I walk across the street to the store to see (Y/N) in a sun dress with her cake covered clothes in her hands, talking with an older looking woman. 

"(Y/N)?"

"Oh Paul, hey! Thanks again ma'am!" 

"Name is Elma, come back anytime dear!"

She smiles and then walks out with me.

"You were gone for awhile, had me worried. I like the dress though, goes nice with those sunglasses."

"Oh yeah?" She asks as we cross the street. 

She puts her old clothes into her truck and then she leans against it. She looks off into the distance and at that moment she looks perfect. The way the sun hits her, the way her hair still has some frosting in it, everything about he is just perfect. I take out my phone and snap a quick picture before she notices. 

"What's on your mind? You seem... distracted."

"It's nothing, just my birthday isn't my favorite. All these holidays kinda got ruined for me but my birthday was the worst."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Maybe later, let's just go finish up this party. I don't know how much longer I can fake a smile."

"Then let's not have it be fake" I say as I put my hands on her waist and give her a kiss. 

She smiles and then gives me another kiss before we go back inside. Matt and Joey are standing in the main area when we go back in. 

"Joey, you owe me twenty bucks!" Matt yells to confuse (Y/N) and I. 

I give her a confused look and she shrugs before shaking her head and turning to her brothers. 

"What in the world are you taking about Matt?"

"Oh nothing"

"Joey?"

"Nothing!" he says handing Matt a twenty dollar bill.

She shakes her head then we go back into the Edge warehouse and she thanks everyone for coming then goes to leave when Connor steps in front of her. 

"You have presents to open!" 

"I will open them later! We have jobs to do Connor."

"Fine, have a nice day everyone!" 

Every shuffles out but I hang back with Joey, Matt and (Y/N). 

"So I guess we should carry these to the truck?" (Y/N) says to her brothers.

"Yeah, some of these are super heavy!" Joey says picking up a handful of bags. 

There's only a few left once the three grab what they can, I grab the ones they couldn't and we carry them out to her truck. Once everything is in her truck, we walk to orange base while Matt and Joey go to where they need to be.