Chapter Thirty-Five

"Ask and you shall receive it seems." You laughed to yourself and inhaled sharply at the night sky as you stood out in the snow with a warm glass of cocoa in your hands, at your feet your small puppy sat, rolling and barking in utter bliss at the cool feeling under his paws. You laughed softly and watched as the wind continued to kick and swirl around you in a mass cloud from the roof almost giving you an angelic appeal.

In the light of the moon, you could barely see much but you could make out the distant sound of Christmas music and lights that glowed vividly along houses and street poles. Your hand draped over the ledge as you sent your semi-psychotic boyfriend. You say this because not many people go on a manhunt for the person who's stalked and terrorized you for days on end. It was actually a very comforting thought now that you looked at it. You turned away and had your pup follow you back inside

Sparky meekly walked between your feet as his tiny floppy ears twitched. His sudden barking and howling startled you. You made your way to the downstairs door and opened it to meet your dad who smiled; his face was covered in snow as he held out a warm bagel out to you. "I know it's late but I thought you'd like a snack with your chocolate death trap." You just rolled your eyes and laughed.

"Gee thanks." Your eyes flickered to the food in your hand before happily munching on it. Your dad nodded, ate down his own, and then retreated upstairs for a shower, and some sleep for the night. You grinned and sat on the sofa, a blanket now draped over your legs, puppy in your lap, and tv displaying whatever channel you decided to stop on. In reality, this break could be going easy peasy for you despite the lack of one of your family members and the disappearance of your-

Just as you were about to change that thought a knock sounded at the door. You rose a brow and walked over to investigate. You poked your head to the window and hummed to yourself incoherently while freezing. "Tim?!" You quickly yanked the door open and wrapped your arms around his quaking form. He gave a soft, "Hey." while his arms folded around you and pulled you into his chest. His nose buried deep into your shoulder as his eyes closed tightly. He took in your scent and held you like he hadn't seen you in years. You were actually worried he was going to crush you.

"I missed you so much." He whispered in your ears while squeezing softly. You grinned and squeezed him, wrapping him in your blanketed body. "Come here, I'll make you something to eat then you can sleep, get a shower in the morning, and eat..." He nodded and followed you to your bed with Sparky wobbling behind both of you on unsteady paws. You lightly shoved them both in the bed and crawled up after making sure you had left your empty cup in the sink.

You woke to the sound of your shower running. A grin on your face as you looked at the baggy clothes on your bed. You messed with your pajamas and wandered into the kitchen to make some coffee for the both of you. You hummed and drummed your fingers on the counter as the black brew spewed out of the machine and into your mug. You giddily applied the sugar and creamer.  I the midst of mixing arms wrapped around you and water dripped on your shoulder.

"Morning.. I made you coffee."