Chapter Thirty-Six

In the kitchen, you stood with Tim's arms wrapped around your waist in an attempt to steal heat from you while you brewed a cup of coffee. Tim's teeth rhythmically chattered in your ear while you stood swaying in his arms. He was dressed in one of your oversized hoodies and a pair of pajama pants; his hair dripped and splattered on your shoulder and the floor as the two of you stood in complete silence. Eventually, though your hands held two cups of the steaming drink. Tim's eyes fluttered in bliss as the ambrosia hit his lips.

You greedily sucked on your drink while the stream blew in your face. "Thanks, Y/n." A muffled voice echoed from behind the pearly glass. You nodded and looked up at Tim with a smile. "No problem Timmy. But, uh... How are you doing? You look pretty worn out and exhausted." You commented while gently touching his hand. He recoiled a little and nodded. "Yeah, chasing that bastard isn't exactly the easiest task in the world and unfortunately it probably won't be the last time I ever attempt to do that."  

You nodded and shut your eyes. "Yeah, I'm just really glad that you're okay." You pulled your hand away and wavered a little. He shrugged and pulled you close and into his side while his hand clasped around your waist affectionately. "I missed you so much." You grinned at him and cupped his cheeks with your one free hand. "I love you so much." He smiled. "I love you too, cutie." You rested your head on his shoulder. Gingerly he let go and pushed hair from your face. The feeling of his embrace sent a wave of charismatic nostalgia down your spine and through your being.

You glanced up at him and grinned. "Sleepy?..." He nodded quietly. You gently grabbed his hand and trotted to your room. You lightly shoved him into your bed; giddily you crawled into it beside him while pulling up some of the sheets. "Take a nap then sleepy head."

"Maybe I will." He mumbled with a soft chuckle. You looked down at him as he curled up into your side and watched whatever came onto the television.

As the sound of static droned in the room you woke from the dream you didn't know you were having. Tim was asleep with his arms tightly wrapped around your waist and his face pressed into your hip. You grinned a little and shut the screen off once your eyes adjusted to the darkness of your room and after you found the remote. You smiled just a little as you stretched and daintily caressed his scratched up face. You could feel the scars under the gentle touch of your fingertips.

In the midst of your soft and caring fondling of his skin he woke up and softly pressed your hand against his face as more of comfort for himself than you. "Morning sleepy head." You cooed softly while flicking on your lap light. He jerked and scrunched his face at the sudden light and mumbled lightly in response to you. "Shh... Still tired." You giggled lightly and rubbed your thumb against his cheek before dipping down and pressing a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"What time is it?" He asked while rubbing his eyes and sitting up. "About.. Two in the afternoon." You chuckled. "I don't sleep the day away all the time just so you know." You laughed and stood up on shaky legs as you walked to the door to go to the kitchen. "Well I want food so you should come consume with me." He chuckled and drug his feet after you as you wandered into the kitchen still in your pajamas with an also pajamified man following in hot pursuit.

To your surprise there was soup made with a note from your dad. 'I came home and figured since it's cold you'd like some soup. I picked it up from that one Chinese place you like so much.' You smirked and grabbed bowls for you and the brunette before pouring the wonton soup and purring in delight. "I don't know about you but I'm starving so- screw waiting for you." You teased and dug in.