Loving You for the Second Time: WenV (3)

Wendy followed Taehyung to a tea place. He opened the door and pulled out a chair for her. 

What a gentleman.  

"I suppose you're doing this out of guilt for bumping into me when I was crying?" she questioned. 

"I feel bad about that, but I genuinely wanted to buy you tea."

"Is this a date?"

Taehyung smirked. "Do you want it to be?"

The corners of Wendy's lips turned up. "Maybe."

"Then it's a date."

Her cheeks became rosy. "Okay, let's order now, Taehyung."

"Sure. Is there a reason you prefer tea over coffee?" 

"It's healthy. Good for the heart."

Taehyung nodded in agreement. "Coffee makes my heart race, but I like drinking it to keep me alert."

"Yeah, that's exactly why I don't like coffee."

"That's fair. Is something wrong with your heart?" he asked. 

Unsure how to answer, Wendy remained speechless. Taehyung realized his question was invasive and immediately apologized. "I didn't mean to ask you something so personal. I guess I forgot how we just met. Oddly enough, it feels as though I've known you for a while." He laughed nervously. Taking a deep breath, he continued, "I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore. Feel free to leave once you finish your tea." 

The waitress broke the silence by bringing their tea. 

Wendy prepared her answer. She held his hand firmly. "Thank you for the concern, but my heart is fine." She didn't want to lie, but there was no need for him to know because she'll die soon. "I feel like we're close, too. So, don't be afraid to ask me things you're curious about. I would like to stay here and chat with you."

Taehyung squeezed her hand. "Thank you for understanding. I was scared that I was going to make you cry again. Tears don't belong on your pretty face."

Wendy smiled. "You didn't make me cry earlier. I was just being emotional."

He shook his head. "No, I made it worse by getting in your way and making your purse fall. Those little things add up when you're already upset."

"Trust me, Taehyung. You're the one who lifted my mood. It's been so long since I've been called pretty."

"I don't buy that, Wendy. I'm sure your ex-boyfriends have called you pretty." 

"Truthfully, I've never dated." 

Shocked, he inquired, "Why not?"

Wendy took a moment to think. 

Because I'm sick. 

She decided to give a cheesy answer. "I haven't met my soulmate yet."

And I never will. 

Taehyung raised his eyebrow. "Are you a hopeless romantic?"

She chuckled. "You could say that." 

"Well, you are very pretty, Wendy. And maybe you've already met your soulmate."

She pretended to ponder who that person is, despite knowing he was implying himself. Sarcastically, she asked, "Who could that possibly be?"

He pointed to himself. "Me."

Wendy burst out laughing. 

"I'm serious! He's right in front of you."

"Okay, Taehyung. If you're my soulmate, then what happens next?"

"This would be the part where I ask you out on another tea date."

"I like the sound of that, but that would leave me unsatisfied."

"We'll keep going on tea dates until you're satisfied."

"What's your motive, though?"

"I intend on making you my girlfriend after we get to know each other."

She liked how straightforward he was. "But didn't you say you already knew me for a while?" she countered.

"It certainly feels that way. However, I want you to be comfortable."

"I am comfortable."

"Then do you want to want to be my girlfriend?"

"I'll have to think about it."

Taehyung chortled. "I'm not leaving without an answer."

Jokingly, Wendy replied, "Demanding. That's not helping your case."

"Just reject me so I can move on, Wendy."

Wendy's phone rang. Displayed is her mom's picture. "Let me consult my mom first." She excused herself and walked toward the restroom to answer her mom. 

Meanwhile, Taehyung drank his tea and emptied the mug. He returned it to the cashier and overheard Wendy's conversation. 

"What did the doctor say, Wendy?"

"I have like five days left to live, Mom. Now it's four."

"Is there a donor yet?"

"Mom, there's no one. My time is up."

"How about I give you my heart?"

"Don't be silly, Mom. Who's going to take care of Dad?"

"I wish there was another way."

"Me, too. I have to go now. I love you."

Before Wendy realized Taehyung was eavesdropping, he scurried to the table. 

I'll donate my heart to you. 

Wendy finished her tea and looked up at Taehyung. 

With desperate eyes, he asked, "What did your mom say?"

"She said I should give dating a try."

His eyes widened. "Really? So this is our day one?"

The word "day" reminded her that she had four more days before her demise. "That depends if you're okay with us breaking up soon as my mom's request."

"It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you." 

"I can't believe you just quoted John Green. I love The Fault in Our Stars!"

"I think you'll love me more," Taehyung responded followed by a wink.

"From now on, you'll be my boyfriend that I might love more than my favorite movie. Is that good enough? I have to get going now."

He gave her a thumbs up and handed the mug back to the waitress. Then, he opened the door for her to leave. They exchanged phone numbers and bid their goodbyes. 

Taehyung called the heart association to donate his heart to Wendy. Wendy received a call to schedule her surgery. She cried tears of joy as she dialed her mom. 

"They found a donor!" she exclaimed on the phone. "I can get my heart transplant tomorrow afternoon."

"That's amazing! I knew it would all work out. I will tell Dad right now. Stay safe and healthy until then!" 

Things were finally looking up for Wendy. She underwent surgery the next day, and the procedure went well. When she woke up, she asked her doctor if she could know who the donor was. The doctor revealed the name. 

Confused, she asked, "His name is Kim Taehyung?" 

I am so sorry for the late update, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!